• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

TruAg

Finished up M292A2 in time for local swap meet. Just have a few paint details to touch up and mount the spare. IMG_9657.jpg

Also put all new Michelin tires on the M923A1, new speedometer cable and secondary air gauge installed. So, that truck is ready to roll !!!

dawico

Finished up M292A2 in time for local swap meet. Just have a few paint details to touch up and mount the spare. View attachment 543782

Also put all new Michelin tires on the M923A1, new speedometer cable and secondary air gauge installed. So, that truck is ready to roll !!!
That truck looks great. Now you have me second guessing my choice of colors for when I paint mine.

dawico

I replaced my blower motor. I wasn't sure if it worked when I bought the truck or not until I replaced it. It works great now so it was burnt up when I got the truck.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced my blower motor. I wasn't sure if it worked when I bought the truck or not until I replaced it. It works great now so it was burnt up when I got the truck.
I'll be doing the same this weekend. Mine still works but is louder than the engine, lol.

Capehenery

Started u the truck and aired up the tires! Used air regulator with a splitter and two hoses with Locking valve attachments and aired them up 2 at a time:clinto:
Was great because I did not have to hold the air hose for 8 minuets pre tire and was able to do the rest of my walk around while the tires filled. She's running great after a long winter nap.

Pulled the Fan clutch actuator valve and looking to see if I can find the parts to rebuild it or buy a new one. Many Thanks to the other threads on here I am hopeful. Fan runs all the time and the valve started to leak air all the time and compromised the secondary pressure.

Once I get theses done I need to replace the pinion seals on two axels.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was nice outside this evening so I decided to go ahead and change the blower motor. About 30 minutes later and the new one was purring along. The racket the old one was making was about half of the cab noise while driving. I didn't have enough wire loom so I'll have to tidy up the wiring tomorrow.

IMG_20150223_200257_885.jpg

azteclizard

Finally got the rear axles off of the M52. What a PITA to get all of the rivets and bolts out. aua
Now I gotta start grinding the rivets to get the front axle off of the M54. Yay.. sometimes I wonder why I do this.

ke5eua

Finally got the 818 started and got her to the house. Gotta figure out why I have no brakes.

My parking brake, lol

I'm very proud of my wife for the trusting me enough to feather the clutch while she did the chains.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425085917.624860.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425085932.744680.jpg

Another Ahab

Finally got the 818 started and got her to the house. Gotta figure out why I have no brakes.

My parking brake, lol

I'm very proud of my wife for the trusting me enough to feather the clutch while she did the chains.

View attachment 544894

View attachment 544895
Very creative. A+ for inventiveness.

I bet she looked you straight in the eye as she took the chain and asked:

- "You do love me? Don't you, Honey?!"

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed new shift shaft seals, output shaft seal and a new gasket on the output shaft seal housing on my front winch PTO today. I also applied some gas sealant tape to the threaded housing for the shift shaft detent ball/spring. I was getting a small host of seeps and drips.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks