• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Rmtaunton

Thank you , and no I haven't named her yet , its the thing that just pops in your head , and pretty much much every time I was talking to her and rubbing her dash asking for another hundred miles in our deep moments ............... the girl friend would yell out , I gotta Pee, or what is this called, or gotta pee, or look a rest stop, or look they are waving , or crap did you really need to bring all those tools and parts , or gotta pee, or why does that light keep flashing , or how much longer ...................... all in good fun and actually she was an icredible help , folded up tarp for me was on the ground reaching through pallets to pull strap for loading , always has a water , loves the truck , oh and was even dragging a tow bar at one point as best she could , we had a fantastic trip , glad were home but I will always say , DRIVE IT !! its an adventure you will always remember !!!

Nice buy Rm! Congrats on the successful trip. I'm on the hunt for one of those... the girlfriend that loves the sport and is willing to put in the work that comes with it that is. Don't have enough room for a 5-ton next to the deuce right now.

As always, Hotty Toddy! Have a great night

Rmtaunton

The truck did fantastic a little trip here or there but not a spare part needed ! I was expecting the worst and couldn't have asked for better , 7000lb in tow about 2000lb in bed and she only dropped below 55 once going up a huge bridge , CTIS worked almost the whole time , strap on two tires broke loose , and I heard it luckly they just leaned over and didn't do a seen from battleship, LEDs on trailer that are supposed to be 8 to 32 volt crapped out , so picked up more and swaped them , air dryer stuck open once not a lot but a little leak so pulled apart and fixed , , sooooooo Really 711 mile trip towing the jeep and Trailer home

COULD NOT ASK FOR BETTER!!!

Rmtaunton

Nice buy Rm! Congrats on the successful trip. I'm on the hunt for one of those... the girlfriend that loves the sport and is willing to put in the work that comes with it that is. Don't have enough room for a 5-ton next to the deuce right now.

As always, Hotty Toddy! Have a great night

Thanks , and of course HOTTY TODDY

Jon Giovani

We took the Green Giant to her first parade on Saturday, and my 17 year old daughter that has decided that she loves mv iron as much as I do, entered it into the car and truck show today and won the sponsors choice trophy , going up against over 300 participants! Now she is bidding on her own M923A2 in the near future. 20150829_092128.jpg20150830_161111.jpg20150830_161046.jpg

JohnnyBM931A2

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

You'll have to raise her allowance so she can afford to add to her collection of green iron,...
;)

She may end up with a bigger collection than her dad!

Congratulations on passing your addiction on to the next generation.

Aussie.

Snowtiger

That in my opinion is an excellent addiction, more of the younger generation need to get their hands dirty and learn how to fix and care for things, KUDOS to you and your daughter

todds112

Replaced another O-Ring in a wheel due to a slow leak, or I should say, "had it replaced". Best $60 value there is. I didn't even sprain anything or smash any body parts handing them the debit card.:D

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Month long projects

I have been doing a lot of smaller ( some not so small) projects during the last month.

1. Repainted her numbers back on the bumpers and added my name.
2. Installed 2 fire extinguishers in the cab.
3. Added a mechanical oil pressure gauge to double check the electric one.
4. Added some LED back up lights and wired w/fuse and switch to battery box.
5. Changed both zipper boots on the steering knuckles.
6. Changed oil and filter and fuel filter.
7. Repaired fuel tank sender with a cork replacement float.

Attachments

Rmtaunton

adjusted the fuel rack out , turned low fuel out 2.5 and gov springs two clicks ,, huge difference , think she is good to go but not going to tow anything yet till I get the pyro I ordered.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks