• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup next year we will hear reports from space station that they see swamp deer and nothing else.
Swamp Deer...lol.

Wait till I tell the Ol' Lady her new nickname: Swamp Donkey & Swamp Deer

If I ain't at next years rally then I'm buried out back...

skav

I loaded 3 decorative metal screens for a project and delivered to the site. They weigh about 500lbs each.

Saved myself $1300.00 in delivery fees;)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449718938.598634.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1449718950.083201.jpg

Amer-team

Anyone have a recommendation on how to modify your M923 under the bed tool box to keep it dry inside? I have looked through multiple threads and can't find a similar question. The top hinge looks like an issue and there are four drain holes in the bottom, and of course the bolts going through the top of the box for the fuel can holder. Looks like mine will need a nice scrape to clean out the rust. Pulled all the tools out so they could dry. Thank you for your thoughts on this.

gottaluvit

Anyone have a recommendation on how to modify your M923 under the bed tool box to keep it dry inside? I have looked through multiple threads and can't find a similar question. The top hinge looks like an issue and there are four drain holes in the bottom, and of course the bolts going through the top of the box for the fuel can holder. Looks like mine will need a nice scrape to clean out the rust. Pulled all the tools out so they could dry. Thank you for your thoughts on this.
I would think you could clean it out and just lay a dry rag in there and after a light rain or just driving it a mile or so in the rain (depends if it only gets wet while parked or driving) so as to not saturate the entire rag, and you should be able to pinpoint the source. Then if it's bolts just remove and silicone heavy and replace them.

My truck didn't have the box when I got it, but I happened to have this old blasting cap box that I picked up at an auction ten years back or so for ten bucks. Its very heavy.20151210_092953.jpg

ross165123

Picked up my nice new used Detroit locker for the m818, Thanks ryanaubra. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks I'll have it cleaned up and installed without removing the rear axle.

Plane Fast

image.jpgGot the M923 ready for Saturday's Christmas Parade. I think it could use more lights, but I'm running a inverter instead of a generator. That's the nice thing with LEDs. All the lights and Santa are about 500watts.
Should be fun.

Attachments

Last edited:

Plane Fast

No. I'm only going to run the lights for maybe an hour on the inverter. I just hook it up to one battery. Then run the two plugs off of it. The lights are just normal 115volt outdoor lights.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The inverter I have pictured a couple of posts back is military surplus. I think they were used to charge NVGs, radios and other things off the slave port. It is 24V to 110V and comes with the slave plug. It's small but runs plenty of LEDs...Christmas lights and work lights. I use it all the time for running my work lights when there isn't a hard line around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks