• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Spyderman

Got some work done to her yesterday. I pulled the drivers seat out. It was getting kinda rusty under there. I sanded it down and put some paint on it. Made some brackets to install the new air ride seat. I still need to hook up the air to it. Just have to find a place to tap into.

Got some more work done on the tactical playground. I am going to Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot for 6 days. My son loves the truck. So I figured I would give him a way to enjoy the truck even when it's sitting still.

I made a bracket that slides over the side of the bed with an arm on it and mounted a couple of swings. I made a bracket for the slide. I wanted to be able to attach the slide when the tailgate is down and when I have to half way down. When it's all the way down that was easy just have a bracket that slides in between the the bed and the gate. When it's half down the bracket hooks into the loop. Now I just need to clean up the welds and paint it. I think it will be a big hit.

gottaluvit

Got some work done to her yesterday. I pulled the drivers seat out. It was getting kinda rusty under there. I sanded it down and put some paint on it. Made some brackets to install the new air ride seat. I still need to hook up the air to it. Just have to find a place to tap into.

Got some more work done on the tactical playground. I am going to Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot for 6 days. My son loves the truck. So I figured I would give him a way to enjoy the truck even when it's sitting still.

I made a bracket that slides over the side of the bed with an arm on it and mounted a couple of swings. I made a bracket for the slide. I wanted to be able to attach the slide when the tailgate is down and when I have to half way down. When it's all the way down that was easy just have a bracket that slides in between the the bed and the gate. When it's half down the bracket hooks into the loop. Now I just need to clean up the welds and paint it. I think it will be a big hit.
Knob Creek is awesome! Seat looks nice in there too. Great you have your kids "attached" to your MV.

Last edited:

General Hood

My son loves the truck. So I figured I would give him a way to enjoy the truck even when it's sitting still.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...4ca360dec3.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...5d116b538d.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...e58a8ed2dd.jpg

Very clever.

Another Ahab

Your outrigger swing-set is one terrific creation!

But you better hide it once he hits his teens and gets the driver's license.

Because you just know him and his buddies will want to try it out in motion (it's what boys do).

Spyderman

Your outrigger swing-set is one terrific creation!

But you better hide it once he hits his teens and gets the driver's license.

Because you just know him and his buddies will want to try it out in motion (it's what boys do).
Funny you should say that. I told my nephew yesterday I was going to put my son in it and drive him around the hay field. :driver:

Another Ahab

Well, I sure hope he would, and for peanuts too (if anything at all, and you're a good man to make him the offer).

Because it seems pretty clear he's following the ashes-to-ashes/ dust-to-dust protocol, and means to just let it return to the earth "from whence it came".

Another Ahab

Oh, you were kidding; DUH, I should have known that!

I mean, you know tinwoodsman could probably resurrect a perfectly new-looking truck out of that dustpan.

But most of us aren't Superhero Saintly Immortals like him.

dmetalmiki

Today the "apprentice) Fitted a cab light, and a rear view camera. An inverter in the cab (24-240 volt) as this was a spare outdoor surveillance unit, and a twin power outlet socket (U.K. 3 Pin 240 v.) for that camera and screen unit, Under the dash. Checked air tanks for water. Bizy bee..A Good lad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks