• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Ford Mechanic

Where'd you find the new seat foam, an upholstery shop? I'm getting new covers for my Deuce and I need new foam for all 4, preferably fairly stiff foam.

Thanks...

Mark
2 inch foam from Hobby Lobby. It doesn't feel very stiff in your hands, but it does sit stiffer than expected. So it fits the bill very well.

Another Ahab

I was putting fuel in and forgot to screw it back on. Bone head move.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk
Happens to the best of us. Story locally here the other day of a guy left his kid in the baby carrier on the car roof and drives off.

Luckily it was a great baby carrier, and the kid was fine, but Mama was probably like:

Mama Saying %22What?%22 II.jpg

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I asked Gimpy to put a new spin-on oil filter and gear-reduction starter onto my XM813.

Both very nice. It starts with two low voltage batteries and it starts faster now.

MtnSnow

As I posted to my build thread.
Well finally started to warm up and no rain for a few days so I figured I might as well get a couple of the mods I wanted to do out of the way while I had some free time this past weekend. First off I pulled the cargo cover off and stored the bows & uprights in prep for the truck to be used as part of a stage. Then I put my new 5" Donaldson ram air intake on (also have one for the 923). Then I decided I wanted to get started on the (3) Air Ride seats so I put my two group 31 batteries for 24v and the one good 6TL I had for 12v down into the toolbox under the passenger side door. The Power Distribution box with the circuit breakers/fuses fit in the last little bit of space so I am happy! Used the treated wood blocks from the original box to make my spacers and then used all-thread & some uni-strut I had left over from another project to make my tie-downs. (Still need to finish tidying up the solar charger/Power distribution wiring as well as the backup & forward camera wires once the new seating is completed. Now to go find a 22" x 42" x 1/4" piece of steel to use as the base plate for the two seats that will replace where the OEM battery box/bench seat was.
View attachment 621036 View attachment 621034 View attachment 621035 View attachment 621033

More to come as things progress!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks