• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, nice airport bar just south of Lou. International (SDF) good food, cold beer, and real friendly help, they'll even wash your car on Thursday and you can watch.

NovacaineFix

Tore my intake boot a while back and tried to do a half-a** repair but it wasn't happening. I have a new respect for 20 mil tape though.
20160505_191119 copy.jpg20160505_191138 copy.jpg20160503_141601 copy.jpg20160503_141547 copy.jpg20160503_141657 copy.jpg

Purchased a new 5" 90° rubber intake boot proudly made in the USA (if you can believe that), from a local vendor who also does all sorts of rubber and hose products. (more business coming their way shortly)
The new boot fits perfectly and is probably better than the OEM, not a bad price, about $39

20160505_191216 copy.jpg

Started and drove old "Fluffy" out around town to shake the cobwebs off of the girl, and she was very thankful. Idle was a little wonky, hunting between 400-600 rpm's and after the drive she is now idling near perfect at 500-550 rpm's. I had thought that I may have gotten some junk in the IP filter or worse the injectors from flushing the fuel tanks and changing the main fuel filter, but that worry is gone.

:naner::doghead::beer::clinto:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Could not get the rear plug out of the head for the dual line kit to be installed. So I just installed a 3/8 single line to the head and a 3/8 return. Rubber line is much easier to deal with than the metal return. I also got my updated pump with a #20 button installed this week It has very quick throttle response. Also got all my XZL's on. Did a coolant flush and replaced my remote transmission filter. Will see how it does on the road trip to Albany again this weekend. I got my spare tires and crane in the bed. Even a yard or so of mulch I didn't get put down on my yard.

https://youtu.be/Hpx5a5G5Vvg

https://youtu.be/7etDwSmToqg

Attachments

azteclizard

I changed the fuel filters... what a mess.. good thing i did, opened up the primary to find no filter... wth.. who knows how long it went like that.
I also pulled the second windshield off to rebuild it... hours of grinding, welding and sanding later and it sits waiting for the sealant to cure around the glass... ill probably install it on tuesday if i dont get broken falling out of a helicopter. Lol.
Also replaced a couple of airlines to the fuel tanks, wired in the rebuilt taillights, and put a newrestriction gauge in...

All on all a productive weekend.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a remote brake fluid reservoir on the 813, drained the transmission and transfer case. Next up is change the fuel filter out. Then service everything up to specs. Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W40 on sale at Rural King ($59.99), and manufactures rebate of $25/ 5 gal. pale makes it $1.75/qt.

sed6

Also replaced a faulty temp sender and added some DOT tape to my mudflaps. Not appropriate for field use but certainly safer for civi use.

2016-05-09 17.32.48.jpg

20160423_190207.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks