• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I buried mine in my own backyard. aua Tried to climb and old brush pile, which appears to have been on top of a rather soft pit. Soon as I came over the top, lost both Primary and secondary airlines. Front is hanging about an inch out of the dirt, and the rear is about 3 inches... gonna be a fun day tomorrow. Wishing I had gotten the winch put on before doing stupid things.
IMG_3545.jpg

I can not stand the parking brake fail safe buzzer! I've toyed with just cutting the brake wire to the buzzer, but I eventually I would like it to work, as a safety device.

For now, added a push button switch on the dash, next to the parking brake light. This switch is wired in parallel to the brake switch (on the handle assembly) and grounds out the circuit.

The next step (not sure when, might be a while) I want the buzzer to sound when the transmission is OUT of neutral and the PB is engaged or if the transmission is in neutral and PB is not engaged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

71DeuceAK

Spyderman, so is the 5 ton your only vehicle now? I've literally considered a M939 series cargo truck as my first/thus daily driver. (18 y/o entering college student). Am I certifiably insane? rofl

sed6

I can not stand the parking brake fail safe buzzer! I've toyed with just cutting the brake wire to the buzzer, but I eventually I would like it to work, as a safety device.

For now, added a push button switch on the dash, next to the parking brake light. This switch is wired in parallel to the brake switch (on the handle assembly) and grounds out the circuit.

The next step (not sure when, might be a while) I want the buzzer to sound when the transmission is OUT of neutral and the PB is engaged or if the transmission is in neutral and PB is not engaged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I covered my buzzer with a few layers of electrical that. Works for both parking brake and low air. Still noticeable but quiet enough that I can ignore it.

sed6

Yes. Get yourself a Honda as a DD. EVERY 5 ton needs mods and maintenance which for most preclude it from being a Daily Driver. Plus MPG sux and so does parking.

Spyderman

Spyderman, so is the 5 ton your only vehicle now? I've literally considered a M939 series cargo truck as my first/thus daily driver. (18 y/o entering college student). Am I certifiably insane? rofl
No I do have a car also. I wish it was my only ride. But my wife says no. But I do drive it to work, get chicken feed, take my son to the park. But my wife doesn't like to ride in it. She is short and has big boobs. She hates climbing in and the ride can be kind of rough. I am planning on taking out the passenger seat and puttng in two more air ride seats. So hopefully it will not be so bouncy for her.
I think of you can afford the fuel then drive it all you can.

Sent from my mobile web slinger!

71DeuceAK

LOL yeah, there's always the fuel issue. Planning on getting an A2 variant with the 8.3 Cummins so I'll theoretically get as much as 12MPG, which is OK for a daily driver I guess. At least now it looks like I won't have a long commute, at one point it looked like I might have a 200 mile round trip road trip each weekend, or about 50 miles each way (100mi round trip) every DAY! (two different possibilities). As long as the university will let me park it there I plan on getting one once I have a CDL. (needed for the air brakes in my state, Alaska).

Spyderman

Today I was on my way home with my son and we past a utility company truck stuck in the mud and a tractor was trying to pull them out. I was in my car but I stopped and told them I could get my big military truck and snatch them right out.

I ran home jumped in the truck and went back. I backed up to the truck and took one of my tow cables and hooked it up. Pulled that truck right out of there. It was fun. Finally got to use it for something other that transporting guns and camping in the back.

Another Ahab

Today I was on my way home with my son and we past a utility company truck stuck in the mud and a tractor was trying to pull them out. I was in my car but I stopped and told them I could get my big military truck and snatch them right out.

I ran home jumped in the truck and went back. I backed up to the truck and took one of my tow cables and hooked it up. Pulled that truck right out of there. [/IMG]

That is great! You did a service there as ambassador of the MV Community. [thumbzup]

Maybe you need to start stenciling your door, you know, like the flyboys:

- A stencil for every pull

What do you think?

TOWTRUK2.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks