• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Gunzy

That looks nice, and I bet them filters are less expensive. Are you going to put a guard in place to protect them from stones coming off the tires?
Didn't think of that. Three of these trucks are used at low speeds on a mountain ranch so really won't need that, but there are two that will be on the highway at speed from time to time so that is a good idea for those.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Me and The Swamp Donkey took a trip to RAFB to pick up some suplus I won. We both enjoyed it and she got to stretch her legs a bit on a short road trip. I think this was her first trip back to a military installation since she was auctioned off.

The folks at RAFB and the GL lot were great as usual. Real nice folks all around. Easy in and out with lots of compliments. A quick stop by my surplus watering hole on the way home rounded out the trip.

Another Ahab

Me and The Swamp Donkey took a trip to RAFB to pick up some suplus I won. We both enjoyed it and she got to stretch her legs a bit on a short road trip. I think this was her first trip back to a military installation since she was auctioned off.

The folks at RAFB and the GL lot were great as usual. Real nice folks all around. Easy in and out with lots of compliments. A quick stop by my surplus watering hole on the way home rounded out the trip.
Surplus watering hole...

- Is that one of those places that sells "re-cycled" beer!!?

machinist75

Installed some NOS Amber side clearance lenses I got from Eric's. Also a rain flapper. Had to drill a hole and install a nut to give it a bit more counter balance to close. Looks like I need a bigger bolt for a little more weight.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Installed some NOS Amber side clearance lenses I got from Eric's. Also a rain flapper. Had to drill a hole and install a nut to give it a bit more counter balance to close. Looks like I need a bigger bolt for a little more weight.
It's kind of hard to tell:

- What are the two flags that you're flying aft to either side of the tailgate?

gottaluvit

Gave mine a little rattle can touch up and a good go over and connected my M105A2 to it for the haul to Findlay. Finally remembered to test the breakaway function on the trailer by shutting off the emergency valve by the gladhand. It worked great. With the load in the trailer, the truck wouldn't even move in gear, feathering the throttle.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Surplus watering hole...

Well...um...I'm at a bit of a loss of words Ahab. Guess I'll continue consuming my drinks in Fifths, lol.

I guess the watering hole could be compared to a bar except your ordering parts instead of drinks, and there's no menu since you don't know what parts are there, and you have to get them yourself. So yeah, maybe the bar wasn't a good anology. :mrgreen:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Made 3 little storage areas in my spare tire area for fluids in quarts and handy stuff. 60mm cans. uploadfromtaptalk1463623638990.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Another Ahab

Surplus watering hole...

Well...um...I'm at a bit of a loss of words Ahab. Guess I'll continue consuming my drinks in Fifths, lol.

I guess the watering hole could be compared to a bar except your ordering parts instead of drinks, and there's no menu since you don't know what parts are there, and you have to get them yourself. So yeah, maybe the bar wasn't a good anology. :mrgreen:
Surplus. Watering Hole.

It just sounded like recycled product to me. :mrgreen::shrugs:

Last edited:

NovacaineFix

Went to my 1st car show where I was actually bringing a vehicle instead of just looking at them. The city nearby, El Cajon, has a car show every Wednesday and today was Military Tribute Day, so one of the guys who sponsors/volunteers wanted me to bring my MV, so I did.

It was kind of nice, I wasn't sure what to expect, but people were digging mine and the other MV's a lot. The big trucks commanded most of the attention, especially from the kids. People were asking tons of question about mine and really wanted to know about them, cool.
I took some pics of the MV's I could, some took off early before I could get them, but here's what I got.

Mine:20160518_180008.jpg
A Pinzgauer20160518_193811.jpg
50's ish Jeep20160518_193756.jpg
A Bobbed 5-ton20160518_193833.jpg
a 92320160518_193856.jpg
and I don't think this is actually a MV, but it looks the part and it's cool anyway
20160518_193926.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I am doing some other things as well. I am going to put two of these near the plate for my exhaust mounting. these will hold my six 12' 44.5ton tow straps then I think I can fit three of the fuses boxes that are good size between there and the other boxes I have mounted. They would be nice for gallon fluids. it also gives me a step for getting into my bed. I am going to finish mounting my spare tire crane in the bed and mess with how to fold it down to hide behind the troop seats. Also adding a second fuel tank in place of my passengers box which mine is full of wood blocks, jacks, and impacts. I will get more pics tomorrow.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Went to my 1st car show where I was actually bringing a vehicle instead of just looking at them. The city nearby, El Cajon, has a car show every Wednesday and today was Military Tribute Day, so one of the guys who sponsors/volunteers wanted me to bring my MV, so I did.

A PinzgauerView attachment 623726
Your rig looks great, that tractor is a beast.

And I can't remember seeing a rear dual-axle Pinz before; very cool.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks