• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

gottaluvit

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
David,
Not to be rude, but your "a1 WHAT???"

Your motor pool inventory in in your signature block shows no "a1" of any M-Series. Just curious WHAT you ran down the highway in sin there could be several qualifying models under this thread's 5-Ton catch-all.

Thanks.
I have added super singles to my m925 truck so I consider it a m925a1.

Smckerigan

Its a 925A2. i have to do only a small bit of grinding on the front bow since its mounted on the upper bow so im going to grind the ear off the pole and slide it down anout 4 inchs to level it out with the rear,image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

blitz10

I replaced the fuel sending float in tank with a plastic one from Summit. Gauge quit working last month. Brass float was fuel filled and had sunk. I know the fuel gauge in known to lie, but I now have a working lying one. Also put a Scepter fuel can in the holder. Run a small coated cable with loops through a small hole in the bed front with a bolt through it so it wont come back out. The other end is around the handles with a lock. Maybe it will slow down theft.

gottaluvit

I replaced the fuel sending float in tank with a plastic one from Summit. Gauge quit working last month. Brass float was fuel filled and had sunk. I know the fuel gauge in known to lie, but I now have a working lying one. Also put a Scepter fuel can in the holder. Run a small coated cable with loops through a small hole in the bed front with a bolt through it so it wont come back out. The other end is around the handles with a lock. Maybe it will slow down theft.
I used a chain with one of the 6 mil-issue locks, that came with identicle keys from wmmules at Findlay, and ran the chain through my D-handle shovel, the fuel can, and my chain that attaches my chock blocks together. One lock and three items secured.

therooster2001

I wrestled the last axle drain plug free with some heat and some good contortions and luckily didn't strip the already stripped out drain plug. Drained and refilled, and put in a new plug. Since I had the gear oil, decided to drain the transfer case too. The inspection plug had some sealant on there. Hope it doesn't leak when I cracked it open. Refilled that guy too, it's a tinier space, so hard to see the level. I also found that I did not snug one of the other axle inspections. Tightened that, and then took it out, and cleaned up the garage floor of random slippery gear oil.

Tried to find my leak on the master cylinder of the M103A3 trailer (MKT) and got sort of screwed by the glad-hand gaskets, so ordering some, then attempting again. It just doesn't feel like it's leaking, and I did a REALLY close inspect, pumped the brakes and messed with the hand braked on the trailer. Maybe no leak is a good thing.

Also mocked up my CTIS visualizer on an Arduino. No guts or feeds yet, just the UI. Its attached to my backup camera monitor. For those looping in, here was my project summary. #116

And here is my mock up.

https://youtu.be/4QWraNRuirw

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That'll get him through a winter (or two...or three).
Ahab that was only two loads and I would guess that there is still 6 or 7 more loads. The woman called and said she had a couple trees cut down so we weren't expecting all of that. He is going to keep hauling with my truck on any free time that he can come up with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks