• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Source for these??

They pop up on Fleabay every so often. Pretty pricey.They come in the ROPS trucks and i think anything with armoring/ac as far as M939s and M35s. They are no different than a civilian seat really. I got a great aftermarket air ride from a big truck junk yard for about $100. .

The center console is massive and the steel is retarded but its meant for a gunner to stand on. I swear the first time I saw one I figured it weighed as much as the transmission under it.

therooster2001

Re-looked at Simp5782's post. Doesn't it look like the stars and stripes? (stripes are obvious, the stars you need to use some imagination, although I see the headlights.). He's a patriot and his truck will not fall!

Stars.jpg

Csm Davis

They pop up on Fleabay every so often. Pretty pricey.They come in the ROPS trucks and i think anything with armoring/ac as far as M939s and M35s. They are no different than a civilian seat really. I got a great aftermarket air ride from a big truck junk yard for about $100. .

The center console is massive and the steel is retarded but its meant for a gunner to stand on. I swear the first time I saw one I figured it weighed as much as the transmission under it.
They are worth it, we bought a lot of 20 I think about 4 years ago. The foam is different says my upholstery guy and my backside, believe that it is some of the newer MRAP type foams to prevent spine injury these are the second type seats in the up armored 939p2 the older seats were mounted on a sliding rail that traveled up and down with what we're basically air shocks. And the console is made of aluminum with mounting for a radio and amplifier in the middle section and air conditioning underneath, the top shelf unbolts for easy access to the radio gear, but yes it is meant for a gunner to stand on and the whole thing is made out of 1/4" aluminum very strong.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They are worth it, we bought a lot of 20 I think about 4 years ago. The foam is different says my upholstery guy and my backside, believe that it is some of the newer MRAP type foams to prevent spine injury these are the second type seats in the up armored 939p2 the older seats were mounted on a sliding rail that traveled up and down with what we're basically air shocks. And the console is made of aluminum with mounting for a radio and amplifier in the middle section and air conditioning underneath, the top shelf unbolts for easy access to the radio gear, but yes it is meant for a gunner to stand on and the whole thing is made out of 1/4" aluminum very strong.

That one in the ROPS i towbarred must have been the strongest aluminum i have ever felt.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Csm Davis

That one in the ROPS i towbarred must have been the strongest aluminum i have ever felt.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
You can feel the difference between 1/4" steel and 1/4" aluminum without picking it up? Only other way would be hammering on it and I hope you didn't beat the paint off somebody's console. Yeah if it was steel I would have to use the wrecker to lift it but I can lift the front of it with one hand and I put mine in by myself in a 931A2 so about a 5-6 foot lift to get it in the cab.

tobyS

Here is the console I made for my 817 from a basic box that is offered on fleebay. I'm putting in the same (as the passenger seat) into my deuce now...and another console/storage box like it.

Attachments

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the console I made for my 817 from a basic box that is offered on fleebay. I'm putting in the same (as the passenger seat) into my deuce now...and another console/storage box like it.
What term(s) should one search for on eBay for the basic version of this box (that I assume you modified some)?

tobyS

What term(s) should one search for on eBay for the basic version of this box (that I assume you modified some)?
Well yes, highly modified but a great start. Try

[FONT=&quot]MILITARY TOOL BOX, ACCESORY / STOWAGE BOX, NSN: 2540-01-411-21[/FONT][FONT=&quot]42 ~NEW~IN~BOX~[/FONT]

Jakelc15

Finally put the PTO on the trans. Sure do wish it faced rear. Not a lot of room to mount the hydraulic pump. Maybe I'll get the rear winch done this year!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I have (2) of these I'm bringing to the GA Rally for sale. They are brand new and uninstalled. And yes, they are worth every penny.USSC Seat.jpg

Jakelc15

You can add a rear output or have it turned around on most PTO'S

I wasn't sure of the factory 5 ton winch PTO could be taken apart and reversed. I searched and only found deuce ptos being reversed. The rear output add on is as much $$ as a new PTO. There is a lot more room toward the rear though.

NovacaineFix

Finally got around to hooking up my license plate LED's for Fluffy.

Got a ticket for not having any lights shining on my license plate in my CUCV a while back, didn't want to repeat that process again, though the man with the black latex gloves was gentle on me, lol.

Pics are dark with no lights, lights and how they look normal. The LED's are mounted in the license plate bolts, in case you're wondering, Autozone or any autoparts store should have them in the license plate section. They are wired straight up to the wire that feeds the tail lights when the driving lights are on, forget what number wire that is, but easy to find with a test light.

20161016_184621.jpg20161016_184639.jpg20161016_184705.jpgScreen Shot 2016-10-18 at 7.51.13 PM.jpg

gottaluvit

Finally got around to hooking up my license plate LED's for Fluffy.

Got a ticket for not having any lights shining on my license plate in my CUCV a while back, didn't want to repeat that process again, though the man with the black latex gloves was gentle on me, lol.

Pics are dark with no lights, lights and how they look normal. The LED's are mounted in the license plate bolts, in case you're wondering, Autozone or any autoparts store should have them in the license plate section. They are wired straight up to the wire that feeds the tail lights when the driving lights are on, forget what number wire that is, but easy to find with a test light.

View attachment 649640View attachment 649641View attachment 649642View attachment 649643
So I assume they have 24V lights, or are they 12V yet able to work with 24V?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks