• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its been a busy week. I parted out what good was left of this M813. She had water damage, mad max style roll cage from the VFD, ^@%# rat-nest wiring, a ton of torch holes where they installed piping for the pods in the bed, and then left out in the elements for about 5 years. I was clued into a find at the scrap yard by a friend, a local turn in from a non-SS member. Starts, runs, stops, no rust..just a ton of milkshake. I managed to save her from the torch and drove her down to my place until I find the time to tear into her. Gotta save the good ones!

2016-10-14 16.45.30.jpg2016-10-19 16.19.09.jpg2016-10-19 16.33.26.jpg

NovacaineFix

So I assume they have 24V lights, or are they 12V yet able to work with 24V?
Yes, they are 24V, but originally intended for a 12 volt system. After reading the info that came with mine, they were able to handle voltages from 6 - 36 volts. If you were to get a pair that are rated for 12 volts, you can insert a resistor inline to reduce the voltage a bit.

Better to check 1st as some LED's will not take that extra voltage if they are designed for 12 volts systems, mine were just accepted a wide range so it was good for me.

Last edited:

gottaluvit

Yes, they are 24V, but originally intended for a 12 volt system. After reading the info that came with mine, they were able to handle voltages from 6 - 36 volts. If you were to get a pair that are rated for 12 volts, you can insert a resistor inline to reduce the voltage a bit.

Better to check 1st as some LED's will not take that extra voltage if they are designed for 12 volts systems, mine were just accepted a wide range so it was good for me.
Do you have the item/part number?

Another Ahab

Its been a busy week. I parted out what good was left of this M813. She had water damage, mad max style roll cage from the VFD, ^@%# rat-nest wiring, a ton of torch holes where they installed piping for the pods in the bed, and then left out in the elements for about 5 years. I was clued into a find at the scrap yard by a friend, a local turn in from a non-SS member. Starts, runs, stops, no rust..just a ton of milkshake. I managed to save her from the torch and drove her down to my place until I find the time to tear into her. Gotta save the good ones!
You're a good man.
You are stocking up "Good Karma" points under your listing in MV Heaven. :naner::beer:

NovacaineFix

Do you have the item/part number?

Sorry, I do not, threw the packaging away, but they are easy to find.

They look like this.
Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 10.57.25 PM.jpg

I got mine from Autozone, but they are really cheap. The wire is way too thin in my opinion, I'm sure that will break from vibration, but seems to be doing okay for now.
They were under $15 but I see that they are fairly cheap if you buy online. I saw some on Ebay for something like 5.99, not sure of the quality, but cheap enough to make it easy to replace them if they fail.

tobyS

First one of the year!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
My favorite is jerky. While I don't hunt, I let a hunter take a few in exchange for some jerky. While I was still gardening we had a deprivation permit because of the farming damage when 20-30 move in. Now,if I want, I can stand on my porch and use my 30-06.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If it's brown it goes down, they all eat

Although you do want to avoid the ones with the drain pans under them, obvious sign of a leak

Sorry, couldn't resist...
Oil leak? What oil leak? That is just sweat from all that horsepower.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully, I'll get my boom/gin pole built for the front of the truck in the next couple of weeks so I can get the walls and roof hoisted up soon...

My 11 year old had to take her first deer from the first floor a few weeks ago.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like this?

That would be an awesome MV project!

I see those beds pop up for sale every once in a while. I think you can switch a few pins around and it will function as a dump.

Unfortunately, Its illegal to hunt from a vehicle in Indiana or I would have likely bought a cheap used one...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks