• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

kungfu dave

Wow, I had just envisioned a blind on a lift in the bed. That is the next level! I wonder how it top heavy it would be all boxed in? You should try SC hunting, they can shoot from a vehicle, from a public road as long as they have permission to hunt the property. LOTS of deer there. Takes 2 to make an Indiana deer though. lol

kungfu dave

On a more thread appropriate topic, my injectors for "Frank" should be here Tuesday. Hoping to drive him home on Friday. Otherwise I will drag him home and he will go on the back burner until 2017.

Ford Mechanic

Wow, I had just envisioned a blind on a lift in the bed. That is the next level! I wonder how it top heavy it would be all boxed in? You should try SC hunting, they can shoot from a vehicle, from a public road as long as they have permission to hunt the property. LOTS of deer there. Takes 2 to make an Indiana deer though. lol
Here you can shoot from a vehicle as long as is not moving and rifles have to be 8ft in the air. I have a spot that I just install the troop seats and sit in a folding chair. Using the troop seats for a shooting rail. Sometimes I'll fold the seats down and attach a little of the net camo to the top rail. They're use to trucks and tractors here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Another Ahab

Here you can shoot from a vehicle as long as is not moving and rifles have to be 8ft in the air. I have a spot that I just install the troop seats and sit in a folding chair. Using the troop seats for a shooting rail. Sometimes I'll fold the seats down and attach a little of the net camo to the top rail. They're use to trucks and tractors here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The White Tail are getting so common in the D.C. suburbs that they're getting to be almost like squirrels now. They're used to everything, nothing fazes them. They'll even browse in the yard in the middle of the day. I mean it's not everyday, but I've seen it.

It's not so good. Especially when you got that lousy tick following them everywhere.

Last edited:

therooster2001

Well, did something a little stupid. Walked the truck, and then used shop air to air up the tanks. My spoiled 925a2 lives its retirement in a garage, so starting it indoors is like instant asphyxiation. So I checked oil and coolant, then closed up the hood and hopped in. Stated it up, then pulled out only 25 or so feet. Got flagged down, then looked back and my air compressor was being dragged out by the hose attached to the emergency hook up in the back. This is the second time I've done this, but this time it brushed up against a utility trailer which swung over, and cracked a spare m939 front window. Totally bummed. Could have been worse, but feel like a tool nonetheless. Don't do that....

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, did something a little stupid. Walked the truck, and then used shop air to air up the tanks. My spoiled 925a2 lives its retirement in a garage, so starting it indoors is like instant asphyxiation. So I checked oil and coolant, then closed up the hood and hopped in. Stated it up, then pulled out only 25 or so feet. Got flagged down, then looked back and my air compressor was being dragged out by the hose attached to the emergency hook up in the back. This is the second time I've done this, but this time it brushed up against a utility trailer which swung over, and cracked a spare m939 front window. Totally bummed. Could have been worse, but feel like a tool nonetheless. Don't do that....

HOUSTON, We have a problem !

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Did a little loading to depart the rally. Luckily swampdonkey has harnessed his own LED sun to help with the camera flashed. All of it was loaded without cranes or forklifts. 20161022_204222.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Another Ahab

Well, did something a little stupid. Walked the truck, and then used shop air to air up the tanks. This is the second time I've done this, but this time it brushed up against a utility trailer which swung over, and cracked a spare m939 front window. Totally bummed. Could have been worse, but feel like a tool nonetheless. Don't do that....

Hey, what are you going to do?

Things happen.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could be worse.

The local police departments helicopter took off with the battery cart still plugged in.
Broke the power cord and landed with 20 feet of cord hanging.
They were lucky. Stupid but lucky.

It happens a lot more than you think.

Yours was more embarrassing than anything.

We ALL have done stuff like that. Maybe different levels
Anyone tells you they haven't is lying

Smokinyoda

Since its a repeat offense odds are it will happen again, so time to make a longer air hose. At least then when it happens again (and it will), nothing will get drug out and no damage will occur!

Another Ahab

Could be worse.

The local police departments helicopter took off with the battery cart still plugged in.

That's what's so god-awful scary about them crazy darn nukes. It's bothersome, if you let yourself think about it.

So I try not to.
Until reminded. Like here. :roll::popcorn:

Last edited:

tobyS

Could be worse.

Two of my trucks look like the slave plug was left hooked up and they drove off.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was at the gas station last year and a pickup on the other end drove off with nozzle still in truck.
Made a heck of a racket and hose did break free.
Tore truck up pretty good too.

Guy was more upset at himself for doing it than damage it caused.

Like I said.....could always be worse.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

I love that movie,

I loved it because of all the B52 scenes in it and how technical they were with it, I just loved the detail they went into with procedures.

The special effects were a little 'B' grade for me, I would love for them to remake that movie with todays special effects, it may be one of those remakes that actually work if done right.

I may dig it out of my DVD library and watch it tonight.

Aussie.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks