• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Mine fan occasionally rattles at idle when the clutch engages also. Wonder if it could be normal?
Bearing prob. If it engages under load while driving it will sound like a hammer snacked it.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bearing prob. If it engages under load while driving it will sound like a hammer snacked it.

Thanks simp!
I'll be sure to check it out. I'm guessing if I push the fan back and forth it will show slop if the bearing is going?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks simp!
I'll be sure to check it out. I'm guessing if I push the fan back and forth it will show slop if the bearing is going?
Not always. It may be not enough to see unless you hook up a dial indicator

Snowtiger

I finally installed a anti-freeze filter on my M923A2, it was allot of fun and first time I tested it no leaks. I thought a picture would bring it to life, as well as any helpful hints or concerns are always appreciated.
IMG_2828.jpgIMG_2827.jpg
It makes me feel allot better, :clinto:

gottaluvit

A bearing or loose bolts was my first guess too. Under load (1200 rpm+) it engages smoothly with no sound. Looking at it while running I have seen no movement (slop). I guess I will find out come May or June. I am still holding hope it was only partially engaging with the leaky shutterstat.

Another strange factor is that when it was engaging, when not supposed to be doing so in the very cold weather, it never rattled at idle!

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
A bearing or loose bolts was my first guess too. Under load (1200 rpm+) it engages smoothly with no sound. Looking at it while running I have seen no movement (slop). I guess I will find out come May or June. I am still holding hope it was only partially engaging with the leaky shutterstat.
That or just go to dual electric fans and it will never come on anyway. Its a power robber.

infidel got me

diesel fuel.jpg Drained 4 buckets of this s@@@ outta my 5 this morning after refueling yesterday. I let the inconvenience store know of their swill they were selling and said they will refund me--- yeah right

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks