• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

tobyS

A few questions on the antennas and specs. I know nothing of radios of any kind but i have been looking high and low for a whip for the base i have and cant find one for what i deem decent money. What i would like to do is run my cb through the whip but im unsure of the connection, operating range, will work with a civy cb?
I had a similar question and never got an answer on the radio thread.

Edit: With cell phones, is there an antenna that works with them...maybe internet?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
any of the antenna will mount to the "universal" sugar scoop. The as3916 uses a metal whip so you can cut it down to any length. I had the as3900 with the 2 piece fiberglass but had problems with it hanging up on trees since I went to super singles. Actually cracked one base section. I have now have a shorter base and whip

they can be found on ebay cheaper. I picked up the same kit for $60
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...-mk-2520a-tactical-whip-antenna-new?a=2047972
Thanks for the link. I've got the Christmas parade right around the corner and don't want to be rolling with just a bracket. That one looks like it will work way better at only 50". Checked the usual places and didn't see any listed. Sportsmans guide wants you to go through most of the check out process before it'll give you a shipping price. On the next to last page it gave the option for a fairly hefty discount if you accepted their free 30 day membership trial. I should have it middle of next week.

I might still make one of those MRAP jammer antennas though. This one will get me through the parade though.

ThorAssassin

M52a2 parts!!

Hey guys new to here.... we have a m52a2 that we are stripping the body and hydraulic lift 5th wheel to put an excursion body on the 6x6 drivetrain. If you guys need parts don't hesitate to ask! Body panels, dash panel, radiator, fan, steering column, all trailer parts, cab and doors... maybe more but have to tear into it to see what we need for the swap!

Another Ahab

Hey guys new to here.... we have a m52a2 that we are stripping the body and hydraulic lift 5th wheel to put an excursion body on the 6x6 drivetrain. If you guys need parts don't hesitate to ask! Body panels, dash panel, radiator, fan, steering column, all trailer parts, cab and doors... maybe more but have to tear into it to see what we need for the swap!
That's worthy of a stand-alone thread, if you care to post it.

And welcome from here in Virginia.

Another Ahab

That's worthy of a stand-alone thread, if you care to post it.

And welcome from here in Virginia.
Don't know how to do that just yet lol
You pick the forum that fits best (select "Forum" on the tool bar near the top of the SS Home Page).

Then you'll see a heading something like "New Post", on the tool bar of the forum home page. You just select on that and go at it!

Let me know if I left a step out but that should do it. Oh, and I'm thinking the forum should be "Classifieds" since you're selling stuff. Can somebody please confirm that if you know?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got my antenna mounted. Perfect length for the woods and it's fairly stout as far as antennas go. It came in the biggest box ever though, which included a pallet. :mrgreen:

20161205_164125.jpg

20161205_165555.jpg

Thanks for all the help to find what I needed.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got my antenna mounted. Perfect length for the woods and it's fairly stout as far as antennas go. It came in the biggest box ever though, which included a pallet. :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the help to find what I needed.
Looks good there. From the photo it looks like a AS-3449 EPLRS antenna. 420-450 MHz. Is it something else? Out of curiosity, what radio do you intend to use it with?

Josh

Started pulling all of my accessories off my transmission again. Bought a rebuilt one from a SS member and now just got to wait for it to show up. Hopefully have the thing on the road before Christmas and not have to do another transmission job for a long time. Three transmissions in 2 months is a lot effort.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good thing they didn't ship you eggs-- did not want that one damaged! Antenna looks good and not scrambled.
Free shipping was part of the discount. The invoice said 2nd Day Air. It must've been packaged for air drop...

I have the same set up on mine. I am looking for the other half of the antenna.

Sent from my webslinger!
What is the other half? You got a picture? It looks complete to me.

Looks good there. From the photo it looks like a AS-3449 EPLRS antenna. 420-450 MHz. Is it something else? Out of curiosity, what radio do you intend to use it with?
You are correct. There won't be anything hooked up to it though. This is the first thing I've added to the truck that actually serves no useful purpose. This was strictly for the nostalgia of the truck, given its history in service.

Another Ahab

Started pulling all of my accessories off my transmission again. Bought a rebuilt one from a SS member and now just got to wait for it to show up. Hopefully have the thing on the road before Christmas and not have to do another transmission job for a long time. Three transmissions in 2 months is a lot effort.
I agree with you.

Have you been traveling recently to Haiti, or maybe New Orleans? Did somebody drop a curse on you?!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks