• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

gottaluvit

Powerwashed it Monday while it was above freezing. This had to be done after driving into the fresh (still wet) brine pretreatment the state put down on the road last week while getting my last load of firewood for the Winter. It was all spashed up under the truck and trailer. It may have been warm enough to keep the pressurewasher from freezing, but not warm enough to keep me from freezing, even wearing the proper attire.

71DeuceAK

They are ugly, but in such a way that they're beautiful. I'm partial to the M939 "Head" and "Face". One of many reasons I love these trucks, the way they look!

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aerodynamics was always brought up as a concern with school bus fronts on the skoolie forums. But there, I was told that the aerodynamics from flat shapes and air dams didn't start to make a significant difference until you reached speeds in excess of 60 mph. A bit of a dream for school buses & MVs. Greatest gain comes from being pulled down hill by gravity.

Sent from my TRS-80

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Swapping rear drive units out between two trucks. Got one of my parts trucks loaded up and moved to the yard with a handy excavator.

Got a front bumper finished for a customers truck. The stock one was torn in half. 20161215_155541.jpeg20161215_155536.jpeg20161215_141954.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the parade Wednesday evening. I had the privilege of driving for the American Legion. All branches of service were represented in that group and let me tell you, the jokes being fired off between those branches put most comedians to shame.

Their float for the past several years was was a modestly decorated 6x9 trailer with a couple hay bales. Obviously not something that stands out or is even of much notice in a parade. This year they went from the smallest float to the tallest. There were many, many salutes and "thank you for your service" comments, where years past they didn't receive many at all. The attention they received was impressive and long overdue. The parade ended with everyone smiling ear to ear and I was booked indefinately for future parades.

Wednesday night, this was their truck. Their job was to enjoy themselves, the Swamp Donkey had to please the masses and I had to get us there and back. We all did our jobs well.

20161214_173703.jpg

20161214_173509.jpg

20161214_173535.jpg

Spyderman

Today I change out a burnt out brake light. Also since I drive my truck all the time I needed to be warmer inside. Since I don't have a cover for the radiator I but one of my banners on the front. Works good.

I also put some Christmas lights on. I will get some video when it gets dark.

Sent from my webslinger!

my blood flows OD

My oldest boy Logan and I took advantage of the beautiful 6 degree weather and installed a block heater on the nhc 250 in the m-813.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
I left it plugged in and I will check to see if it will start when we return from a Christmas party at the "outlaws" house.:doh::doh:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks