• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

MAdams

I mounted up 8 16.00R20's this weekend. I had all the wheels, tires and beadlocks pressure washers and ready to go. I got down to 27 min a tire but in this video it took my 32min total. I was having a heck of a time with the beadlock. The video might be boring to most of you but all my friends were asking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9zKVrfrf_E

Another Ahab

I mounted up 8 16.00R20's this weekend. I had all the wheels, tires and beadlocks pressure washers and ready to go. I got down to 27 min a tire but in this video it took my 32min total. I was having a heck of a time with the beadlock. The video might be boring to most of you but all my friends were asking.
Its always like that. The first one takes 3xs as long as all the others!

curve.jpg

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I added a 5 drawer toolbox to get my hand tools out of the main box. I never liked the idea of a toolbox inside a toolbox, which is what I have had for a while. Having to empty the box to get the lid on the other box open is a bit annoying.

20170304_081703.jpg

20170304_081726.jpg

20170304_081821.jpg

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice Donkey, I'd buy one. Great idea.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000MK5LWA/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've always like UWS products. Made in the USA and built well. I'm not a fan of the Brite-tread on my truck but all the smooth steel boxes I messed with were flimsy and I didn't like how the door sealed on those. Pricey little box but options were limited for putting something with drawers in this spot. My heart skipped a beat when I first hit that shiny aluminum with the wire wheel to prep for paint. It was all better though once the 1st coat of green was applied. :mrgreen:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2017-03-07 16.12.10.jpg2017-03-07 16.12.17.jpg2017-03-07 16.13.29.jpg

Got the Eyecon lights installed with some tips from M35A2-AZ. I had planned the setup since I saw the kit but he beat me to installing it. :wink: Anyway..onto the cab liner and HEMTT seats..

twisted60

Started a small project today that lead into a big pain... Had a small coolant leak at the thermostat housing, that started getting worse so I dove in thinking, change a couple gaskets and put it back together, well Murphy was having none of that. Everything came apart easy then I found the problem, 2 sheared bolts that to this point have claimed several drill bits and 1 easyout, they are really in there, so letting it soak in WD and back at it tomorrow.

Anyone have any tricks to get out stuck bolts ?

twisted60

I'll try PB Blaster, I think I have some around here, already bought a replacement easy out, hope I don't snap this one too. Worse case I'll drill hole larger and re-tap, so much for a quick easy fix...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Got a welder?

Find a nut(as in nut and bolt) about the size of the bolt.
Weld it to the broken bolt through the center of the nut.
After its not red hot, turn the nut.

The heating and shrinking usually frees up said broken bolt.

Another Ahab

Started a small project today that lead into a big pain... Had a small coolant leak at the thermostat housing, that started getting worse so I dove in thinking, change a couple gaskets and put it back together, well Murphy was having none of that. Everything came apart easy then I found the problem, 2 sheared bolts that to this point have claimed several drill bits and 1 easyout, they are really in there, so letting it soak in WD and back at it tomorrow.
SO many projects morph into these kinds of nightmares.

I don't believe anymore that there IS such a thing as a "small" project.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Fuzzy
I bet the second time goes a lot faster....
How about swinging by & doing that setup on mine !

Looks really good
Thanks, and no thanks haha. I've yet to wire it and that will be the fun part..

Are those for area lighting, or more like hazard lights?

PS Sure do like your smoker. [thumbzup]
Area lighting, there's also one in the rear below the tailgate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks