• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Rmtaunton

Oh another tip if making a long run just buy 2 gauge jumper cables and cut ends off it's actually cheaper to buy cables than real wire sadly . A 20 foot set of cables cost me 42 dollars and that's 40 feet of 2 gauge fine strand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh another tip if making a long run just buy 2 gauge jumper cables and cut ends off it's actually cheaper to buy cables than real wire sadly . A 20 foot set of cables cost me 42 dollars and that's 40 feet of 2 gauge fine strand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check out your local welding supply shop..You'd be surprised how inexpensive it is, ESPECIALLY if they have remnants, short sections they can't use...

74M35A2

Took this one for you guys, helmet horns not included. :)

IMG_0632.jpg

Solder them with the $19 torch to begin with, and not need any on the side of the road.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I bet those 1600's zapped the power.
16.00s arent killer on power down low on a 250 truck. The 395s with runflats are pretty heavy. the front tandem hop goes away with them.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Installed the trucklite leds my parts guy ordered for me and some trucklite 07392 floods for backup lights for working on the trailer. I plugged them into the blackout wire since I don't use it but would be better for night time and not running all my lights

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Installed the trucklite leds my parts guy ordered for me and some trucklite 07392 floods for backup lights for working on the trailer. I plugged them into the blackout wire since I don't use it but would be better for night time and not running all my lights

Make sure you hook your front turn signals to the black out leads! If not, you will be blacked-out on the front of your truck. Nobody will see you backing in if they are on the road facing your truck. I had that happen once... ONCE!

bigsix

Hey got my transmission in and going. I refilled with atf and it is a totally different machine. I would recommend changing the motor oil out and using atf. It shifts smoother and downshifts smoother also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks