• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Took old girl on a site seeing tour of the northeast again. Picked up a 35ft 25ton pintle trailer from a dealer in Raleigh and went to bragg and over to lejune. Took the trailer, M1088 and 2 Drash trailers to Conn. Then headed back towards TN only to find this ole girl being lonely in someones field. Thought she needed a home. Has a blown up RRAD NHC250 in it so itll get a replacement. Upcoming repairs are my exhaust broke off right at the manifold. Im gonna assume due to road bumps. Also my Rear Axle ABS module is dumping air with the brakes applied. I can feel it coming out of the side. I am gonna assume its cracked. I had an air dryer failure as well. pop pressure valve on the front went to popping like firecrackers. Truck would not build air. Replaced it with a used one I had laying around. The one that failed was a Purest Haldex one that is the upgrade.. I will tear off into it this week sometime. Also while driving into tremendous headwinds in North Carolina on Thursday my mirror decided it didn't want to stay in place and blew right out. Replacments on the way.

On another note. I did go across the Chesapeake bay bridge and tunnel towing in 50mph winds. Was not too bad. The only laugh I had was when I showed up at the toll booth the girl said I had to weigh over 30,000lbs to go over. I looked at her and looked behind me and said "Do you really need a scale?" the bridge cop there laughed and said I think he's well over 30,000.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ford Mechanic

Mine has been greased, the throttle linkage had some TLC to it, lug nuts and fluid/air checks done, all in prep for making the trip to the Denton rally.

Last week I retrofitted a spin on fuel filter to it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Exhaust fixed. Added a different bellow to allow for more flex. Weld on 4in v band flange up top. Could not bend 4inch very well to redo everything. I also raised the stack a few inches. When I did it before I put it even with the cab. Little too loud there. Replaced my battery terminals with a new set from Grote. Not too bad @ $70 for 5 positive and 5 negative terminals. Working on ABS air problem and mirrors tomorrow.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Exhaust fixed. Added a different bellow to allow for more flex. Weld on 4in v band flange up top. Could not bend 4inch very well to redo everything. I also raised the stack a few inches. When I did it before I put it even with the cab. Little too loud there. Replaced my battery terminals with a new set from Grote. Not too bad @ $70 for 5 positive and 5 negative terminals. Working on ABS air problem and mirrors tomorrow.
That's one tricky a** weld. Did you complete that in-place?!

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Needed a dry secure place to store my geared lug wrench and the handle, which doesn't fit in my side tool boxes. Couldn't find anything reasonable that was long enough. Saw these on Sportsmans Guide for less than $25. They are heavy duty and will be pretty much waterproof. I am mounting on top of my forward step tool box and will hold the wrench and other items. Think it will work pretty well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks