• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

74M35A2

You should have Ben paint your drums. Look how much better his appears.

Don't let infidelgotme help. He uses himself as the jack stand while under the vehicle. Ask him about it.

BenRoberts

Certified insane
You should have Ben paint your drums. Look how much better his appears.

Don't let infidelgotme help. He uses himself as the jack stand while under the vehicle. Ask him about it.
Yeah those drums are so shinny because the hub seals flug gear lube everywhere. Blew out Monday and made an absolute mess

Csm Davis

View attachment 675374View attachment 675375View attachment 675376
Needed a dry secure place to store my geared lug wrench and the handle, which doesn't fit in my side tool boxes. Couldn't find anything reasonable that was long enough. Saw these on Sportsmans Guide for less than $25. They are heavy duty and will be pretty much waterproof. I am mounting on top of my forward step tool box and will hold the wrench and other items. Think it will work pretty well.
Love rocket launcher tube, but you long bar for the geared lug wrench should fit diagonally in the large box under the bed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Thanks CsmDavis. I am sure you are right. It probably would fit in there if I already didn't have it full of other stuff! I like to always be prepared or over packed, which ever you prefer to call it.

Brutacus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally have something to post in this thread. I'm going to install my new fuel filters when I get a new fuel hose ( the hose that goes from the filter to pt pump) on Monday. HPIM2351.jpgHPIM2352.jpgHPIM2367.jpgHPIM2368.jpgHPIM2369.jpgHPIM2370.jpgHPIM2371.jpgHPIM2372.jpgHPIM2373.jpg

The back plate is 3/16" stainless steel, 4"x12", and the connecting pipe is just 2 45 degree street elbows with a brass fitting in between. I had to use some washers behind the dual filter boss to fill in the space, but it works. I'm using the original filter mount bolt pattern. The lower left mounting bolt will also go thru the dual filter boss which can be seen in the last pic. Since I'm running 1600's, I decided to set it back by running the lower bolt thru the dual filter boss. If I had ran the mounting bolt thru the single filter boss instead, I fear that the wheel might make contact turning hard left. The short primary filter is the water separator filtering down to 15 microns, I think. The 2 big secondary filters are regular fuel filters, filtering down to 1 micron. I'm only running this setup, because I plan on running black diesel in the near future, but either it's overkill, and I like it. I'll get some more pics when I get the thing mounted.

Ford Mechanic

Hopefully you did not put a mil one back on?
Had to, all I could get fast especially being we were at Jim Henrys rally. I should have bought one from you months ago. I'm tapped out now, I had already bought a new set of tires that I was picking up and installing at the rally. Thanks sons m37 for helping to install them Wednesday night!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

74M35A2

Thanks for the gesture, but not important that anybody buys from me. Just trying to move people into more modern, fail safe stuff, that doesn't commit suicide, no matter where they get it from. Even the $79 Chinese Delco clones are more reliable than the stock mil units. My stock one was still working perfectly, but there are pages of failed ones here. The stock starters do work well though. They are built heavy and have a much shorter duty cycle of operation.

Yep, it hurts a little to say that, but Leece Neville / Prestolite alternators are a low quality manufactured item, and now nearly defunct as a company (now owned by a Chinese washing machine motor maker). At least the Chinese copied a somewhat decent Delco design, and they copy relatively well now. The Japanese units are cream of the crop, which is why they have taken over long ago in the automotive world where the demands are very high (our current highest output 12v mass production automotive unit is a 240 amp unit for Ford, but even this grows almost yearly). Big 3 are nearly 100% Denso or Mitsubishi alternators. They have even moved to square wire wound stators (in 2002) to pack in more wire per area as compared to conventional round wire. Medium and heavy on-road trucks are still (Delco) Remy alternator, as their price is modest and they work well, but possibly not much longer, as Borg Warner bought Remy for their EV traction motor technology division, and is all but shutting down their conventional starter/alternator business.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks