• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed hard top!

View attachment 682169View attachment 682168

Rearranged all electrical stuff and mounted bus bars, 12v fuse block, 24v > 12v converter (silver finned thing top right), back up camera box, to back wall.

View attachment 682171View attachment 682170

Then, I finished troubleshooting an AC problem. Compressor Wire had no juice. After fooling around with wires and connections, it has juice. Same thing I have done a dozen times. I guess a pin wasn't connecting of something. Now my badly rigged compressor juice circuit has been replaced with the proper wiring.
That is a fine looking hard top. One of my AC installs there was a pin that was pushed in and the fans would not come on.

Another Ahab

Nice. I habe been thinking about getting one for my son to drive to high school. He is 3 now. I figure get one cheap and fix it up over the years for him. Then he can drive it when he gets in high school.

Sent from my Webslinger using Tapatalk

That will be 13 years from now. By that time you kind of wonder if ANYBODY will be driving cars (instead of them driving themselves).

Remember house phones and land-lines? That was about 13 years ago that everyone had one, and the smart-phones were just coming out...

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can that A/C be mounted anywhere...such as on the roof? I still have the bench seat in mine so I'm limited in where I can put it.
Con not be put on roof as far as I know. There is a model that can be roof mounted. Red Dot makes them. Can't recall model number.

You can mount it higher up. Someone here put this AC in their truck with the bench seat still in it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The red dot kit for the m915 a1 series of trucks is roof mounted. Wont do well on a 5 ton roof but i guess water leaks dont matter in the desert

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Spyderman

Came home after the parade and started work on my S250 putting my company logo on the side. Going to be pulling it tomorrow for another parade. It came out good. It got dark buy the time I was done. I will post more pictures tomorrow.

Sent from my Webslinger using Tapatalk

Mos68x

Con not be put on roof as far as I know. There is a model that can be roof mounted. Red Dot makes them. Can't recall model number.

You can mount it higher up. Someone here put this AC in their truck with the bench seat still in it.
Thanks, I'll take a look around for it. Not a big fan of it being on the rear wall because of potential access to the RV part when it is built.

The red dot kit for the m915 a1 series of trucks is roof mounted. Wont do well on a 5 ton roof but i guess water leaks dont matter in the desert
We still get rain out in the desert, it just isn't as much as the rest of the country, or as much as I'd like sometimes lol. I wouldn't drill the through the roof to install it though if that's why you said that. I'd make a frame for it to hang from overhead and still keep it as tucked up as possible. Of course, I may not even bother with it and just have an A/C unit in the RV part that can blow it into the cab as well.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_6410.jpg
Stretched the M925A2's legs today.
Stopped for lunch at the historic Rock Cafe on Route 66 in Stroud, OK.
Had an amazing buffalo meat burger.

Mos68x

Found a Red Dot A/C unit that I like, R-9750-9-24P should fit over head nicely I think. I might opt for a more conventional RV unit for the camper part though, depending on my overall height when I finish the build.

Csm Davis

Well, I may or may not have a 5ton fetish!

Don G
Naw Don you just like them, like some guys like redheads. When you get to ten or more it's a fetish, 20+ and it's an addiction. I am working on a 12 step program, I am down to less than 20 at my house and have closed the lot at the base so I can't easily just buy more, hope to be under 10 by the end of the year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks