• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Another Ahab

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's awfully big for a Grizz! I'm betting Brown Bear (semantics, I know) Grizz, Brown, Kodiak all the same, just different names based on where they live. I'm betting that was taken on the coast of Alaska somewhere?

You still dont want to get between a mamma Brogrizziak with her cute little Kobrizzly cubbiez! Dead is dead no matter what you call it! In that situation that is one of the deadliest animals on the planet.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a 5 ton but just had to have LED headlights and new 16 inch windshield wipers a step up from 15 inch ones. Plus all new filters, grease job and check coolant chem. level's.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Looks like you put every accessory you could find at autozone on that thing! Guess your getting old, oh wait, you ARE old!

BWAAAAAAAhahahahaha

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulled my PT pump off....Looked like it was leaking from the throttle shaft... I noticed the shaft is super loose.. gravity alone is enough to flop the lever around..

BUT...In doing so... I noticed bubbles coming from the electrical connector that should be the pressure sensor for the ether system...Not the threads, but the electrical portion.... fun.. Gotta look through the TM and get a PN...

Hopefully, I'll be able to get this thing to start reliably now... I'm tempted to just cap off the pressure sensor for the ether system and jump the wires, so the ether system will work any time I press the button...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Pulled my PT pump off....Looked like it was leaking from the throttle shaft... I noticed the shaft is super loose.. gravity alone is enough to flop the lever around..

BUT...In doing so... I noticed bubbles coming from the electrical connector that should be the pressure sensor for the ether system...Not the threads, but the electrical portion.... fun.. Gotta look through the TM and get a PN...

Hopefully, I'll be able to get this thing to start reliably now... I'm tempted to just cap off the pressure sensor for the ether system and jump the wires, so the ether system will work any time I press the button...
This on a NHC250? If so you can just put a quarter inch plug in the bottom sensor port as well as the one on top. My engine only has 3 wires running to it. Water temp. Fuel shut off and oil pressure switch

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Simp, My M925 floor was very bad also, it had the gun ring reinforcing plate on the floor and that just keep the water. This is what I did. It was a lot of work.

Looks good. What size steel did you go back with? 1/8"? Swamp said he was gonna go stainless had his floor been in bad shape. Lucky for me I don't have to cut but 2 holes in the floor. Just for the battery cables. I will be doing some other mods so mostly just bolt holes

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I think it was 12g steel. That is about 1/8"
Yea that whole crowbar crap sucks. I ended cutting the big pieces out with. Saw zaw and then using an air hammer with a 24in bit to knock it off the center beams

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks