• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to make a new hood hold open latch on the light bar over the fairlead. Pics when it’s 100% done.

Last edited:

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, you clearly hit it with the drivers side tires. All of them.

Dont be so hard on yourself! Looks like you did a good job to me! Also looks a bit intentional :)

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
550E7540-9FD3-4C21-92D4-83CC59CA8BB1.jpg
I had a guy tell me that he welded a piece a 1/4” plate on the bottom of his bed to keep from loosing chunks of his tires when it made contact like this. Sounds like a good idea. I guess a 12” wide piece of 1/4” flat maybe 16” long or so for each tire is cheap insurance if you like to go wheelin, or go missin trailers!

zxmedic

View attachment 706837
I had a guy tell me that he welded a piece a 1/4” plate on the bottom of his bed to keep from loosing chunks of his tires when it made contact like this. Sounds like a good idea. I guess a 12” wide piece of 1/4” flat maybe 16” long or so for each tire is cheap insurance if you like to go wheelin, or go missin trailers!
I have the same problem i had to cut some of the cross suport out after i ripped it off the bed. My plans is to use 6" channel and raise the bed.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the same problem i had to cut some of the cross suport out after i ripped it off the bed. My plans is to use 6" channel and raise the bed.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
What kind of truck do you have. Post some pics of this crane truck with 53’s!

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turned 2-1/2 ton of scrap into #60 of new steel, and 12 ton of gravel today. $38 leftover for fuel...WIN!IMG_4328.jpgIMG_4331.jpg

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That’s a lot of gravel too! 24,000 lbs of rocks. It’s amazing how little just 5 tons of gravel is. I have a small 4x8 dump trailer that I built about 10 years ago. It holds about 3 yards if it’s level (32” tall walls). That’s a little over 4 tons of sand/gravel mix. That’s just a 4x8 trailer! (It’s on an old water buffalo chassis, with heavy springs)

I built it specifically because it’s about the maximum size that my tractor could pull up out of the canyon.

Now that hat I have a 5 ton, I might want to rethink the size of my trailers, and the size of my projects. :)

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
85049560-271D-466A-BE44-3DF71153AD23.png
Ha! You Got me!

Thats awesome. Can you share what cylinder you used to convert yours? I know there are some companies that offer packages, but I’m also aware of plenty of other options. What direction did you take?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks