• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

twisted60

Changed my fuel filter, filled new filter up with diesel prior to installation, put her back together and fired her up, she gurgled a bit but then settled down to her normal purr. Dumped the filter thru a paper towel to see if anything was dirty, well she has some crap in her tank, it's getting trapped in filter so I'm not too worried. I may increase my filter change interval and continue to monitor.
IMG_1448.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Changed my fuel filter, filled new filter up with diesel prior to installation, put her back together and fired her up, she gurgled a bit but then settled down to her normal purr. Dumped the filter thru a paper towel to see if anything was dirty, well she has some crap in her tank, it's getting trapped in filter so I'm not too worried. I may increase my filter change interval and continue to monitor.
View attachment 709445
Post 21

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?158856-Let-s-talk-diesel-quality/page3

twisted60

Wow, thanks for the link simp5782, I only have a single tank on my M923A2, is there a good place to install an inline filter prior to the spin on filter, or do you think I need it ?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Wow, thanks for the link simp5782, I only have a single tank on my M923A2, is there a good place to install an inline filter prior to the spin on filter, or do you think I need it ?
It wouldn't hurt. If you replaced your main feed line to your canister with a rubber line then you can pop it anywhere you like. I keep mine near the outlet on the fuel tank so it is easy to reach and see if it gets clogged up.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Well the day has came, I’m a proud new owner of a m1061A1 with a pump & tank system. Saved her from the crusher, it was going to be cut up Monday after sitting 2 years at LKQ pick-your-part

big block 88

No im sure its garbage. Just send it to my place and i will see that it gets out to use.... i mean put in the proper means of disposal.

in all seriousness i would love to have one for hauling my skid loader.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Yeah i hear ya one that, i guess I’ll just have to torch it?

I was thinking it would be ideal to find some ramps and use it for pops Toyota Skidsteer

big block 88

I know they are tough as ell. I think they are around 3200 tip if i remember right. I run the old case 1845 case's but they are getting few and far between. I may be going to a cat 262 next year or maybe if the price is right a bobcat 300 but theyd have to sweet talk me into a white machine.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I know they are tough as ell. I think they are around 3200 tip if i remember right. I run the old case 1845 case's but they are getting few and far between. I may be going to a cat 262 next year or maybe if the price is right a bobcat 300 but theyd have to sweet talk me into a white machine.
You nailed it, i believe his is late 80s vintage and it sure enough earned its keep when we ran it in his tree removal & grading company. Haven’t seen another around in our parts, but i am rather fond of the Caterpillar rigs & case

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks