• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Is there any accepted practice to prolong the life of these boots?

I have a 923A2, and wont drive the truck in mud or whatever. I just drive it on pavement and gravel
Some ask minutes. some last a long time. There is an easy way to replace em. I don't worry with it. if they sling grease it is just a reason for me to grease everything else on the truck as well.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Added some convoy lights cause i got bored.
These are the ones that Suprman is selling.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

tobyS

Looks like a straight trailer...enjoy Ross!
Do yourself a favor - get a peak in the roof so water will not pond.
I've had several and want another for a deuce bed. Also I want to see what one looks like with the M35A3 wheels and 14.5 tires. I'll see if I have a picture of the wheel/tire. Here is a photo of tires that will be freed up (when I put 395's on and make the A3 into a 4x4).

Edit...is the M105 hub, a hub that can be flipped like the M35 rear hub? That would make the dish out side of these wheels go to the outside and have a wider stance.

Attachments

Last edited:

ross165123

Those tire would be cool. But I got lucky and the trailer has brand new tires, the only thing missing are the airlines to connect to the truck. I really have no clue what to use it for but I couldn't let the opportunity of buying one pass and it was only 60 miles away!

tobyS

I bought several when they were plentiful and either sold them or used components on other stuff. Now I want to find a few more to repurpose some parts and then still have one to pull with these wheels. Hope it can go dish out, but I'll have to see.

I've received a couple with my 1/2 ton about that far. The very first, someone had pulled the emergency brakes on after I was hooked up and I went a couple miles in downtown Indy until I had smoking brakes. It pulled somewhat hard and I missed those brakes being down (on my first tow, stopping 3 times) because they were not when I hitched it up. Once released the difference and ease of towing was like "night and day".

There was a thread that mentioned going to 395's, which sparked my interest in using these.

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there any accepted practice to prolong the life of these boots?
I have a 923A2, and wont drive the truck in mud or whatever. I just drive it on pavement and gravel
Don't fill them full of grease and then crank the steering to the stops. Left or right or both.
Pops them every time.

Amer-team

Went to a two battery system on the Gamewardens truck yesterday. Two of the four batteries were 2007's. Need to put the right front end back together. Have the seals. It ended up the short axle stub on the right side was broken. Unknown for how long or why. this is the truck that they pull the PBR with for parades and to take it to the water.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That makes the 923 squat down!! I can't tell, is the trailer duals ?....I thought it was but looks like a big single in the photo.
Singles 385/65/22.5.

Trailer is uphill for easier loading truck is in a low spot

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Ford Mechanic

Looks like a straight trailer...enjoy Ross!
Do yourself a favor - get a peak in the roof so water will not pond.
I've had several and want another for a deuce bed. Also I want to see what one looks like with the M35A3 wheels and 14.5 tires. I'll see if I have a picture of the wheel/tire. Here is a photo of tires that will be freed up (when I put 395's on and make the A3 into a 4x4).

Edit...is the M105 hub, a hub that can be flipped like the M35 rear hub? That would make the dish out side of these wheels go to the outside and have a wider stance.
Yes you can flip the hubs on a 105 trailer. I don't know if the tire/rim combo will clear. It's the same hub, drum, and brake parts as the M35's

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sandcobra164

Got a set of front axle flange drive caps, my friend Welder1 is de-splining them. Looking forward to reducing some drag in the near future. I've heard as good as a 1 mpg difference so I'll see if I get that lucky. Simp said they're good for 5 horsepower!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks