• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Who has a good used/new pickup tube for a m939 series?

Got my rig up and running after headgasket replacement; still having fuel issues. New lift pump, new fuel lines front to rear, new fuel filters, thinking it’s my pickup tube as I had to resolder it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Who has a good used/new pickup tube for a m939 series?

Got my rig up and running after headgasket replacement; still having fuel issues. New lift pump, new fuel lines front to rear, new fuel filters, thinking it’s my pickup tube as I had to resolder it.
74M35A2 had some stainless ones.

You can get all the parts at home depot and just braze it into the fitting

Some are 3/8 or 1/2" pipe into the tank. Make the copper pipe off at the correct depth and cut the 45 angle into it. Just shove the copper tube into it and braze it. and be done.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
My fitting is in sad shape, and possibly contributing to the issue. Thanks
You just need a street elbow that will let you screw a hose barb fitting into the end of it and run a new hose up to your fuel filter. PushLok preferred.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
You just need a street elbow that will let you screw a hose barb fitting into the end of it and run a new hose up to your fuel filter. PushLok preferred.
I have brand new fuel lines from Ken Spencer and a dual filter setup, but I’ll look at getting an elbow and the copper

74M35A2

Member TedCat and I developed the stainless M939 fuel tank dip tubes (I think others have done it as well, but not for sale?), well, he did all the work actually, I just sourced a NASCAR nuclear level TIG welder for them, now they are all him. Ted can supply one or both tubes, they are different diameters, and will likely require a hose change which should be done anyway, as the fitting goes from female flare (stock) to male flare (AN or push-loc, your choice). He can supply them in turn-key length or long for you to cut your desired length and end style. These require your tank or bed to be pulled to be installed, due to their length and not being able to bend them. Low pricing, and a known failure point at this time with these trucks. The fittings, tubes, and welds are all full stainless.

SS Pickup.jpg

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I sold my my M925A2
Several reasons why, with money not on the list.
I’m not getting any younger and the big parts aren’t getting any lighter.

The new owner is another SS member.
It’s going to a good home.

I’m sad to see it go but it was time.

tobyS

Today I sold my my M925A2
Several reasons why, with money not on the list.
I’m not getting any younger and the big parts aren’t getting any lighter.

The new owner is another SS member.
It’s going to a good home.

I’m sad to see it go but it was time.
I understand that feeling. Do you still have the 1009?

big block 88

Oh yes!

It’s still in long term storage with the other M1008A1.

Those are for my daughters.
It’s between them on who gets which one.
well sir you are always welcome here in the 5 ton threads!!! I have watched this happen first hand to my father. I know it bothers him but he doesnt say anything. Hes having a hard time handling the size of the truck and has crunched a loading ladder and a lamp post. Im fine with that stuff i figure its just the size of the truck and its massive blind spots is bound to hit a few things.

sandcobra164

Only drove 20 miles today. After the 1/8 turn counterclockwise on the throttle shaft screw on my PT pump, I'm happy to have my 5 horsepower back! I feel like I'm back in the same spot I was at before I had my pump rebuilt. Ran the truck for about a year doing some heavy hauling of equipment and trucks off the local pick up site at this fuel setting. Now I need to go through the overhead later this month. I don't suspect I'll gain anything performance wise as the truck is running great. Who knows, everything might be within specifications and need no adjustment at all. I'll have peace of mind knowing everything is as it should be.

Well I think that I found some help in getting my M923A1 road worthy it has some tire cracks on the sidewalls so we're replacing them and I have an air leak that I have t figure out I have pressure the tanks and she holds pressure but m buzzers going of even though she is holding. I am going to check my pressure switches, ground, and air lines to discover the problem. I do have a question for all the5 tons.....Were they all equipped with the hutchinson runflats ???

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well I think that I found some help in getting my M923A1 road worthy it has some tire cracks on the sidewalls so we're replacing them and I have an air leak that I have t figure out I have pressure the tanks and she holds pressure but m buzzers going of even though she is holding. I am going to check my pressure switches, ground, and air lines to discover the problem. I do have a question for all the5 tons.....Were they all equipped with the hutchinson runflats ???
No. Very few had runflats. A beadlock insert yes. If you need tires. I will be in central Oklahoma next week. So cheaper shipping. We have a classified ad for the goodyear mvt 395 85 20s.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It's a bad air pressure sensor on tank

big block 88

It's a bad air pressure sensor on tank

Ive been seein this a lot here on the last few trucks. A gentel pull on the sensor and they usually just pull right out and fall apart. You will see its just a pressure contact switch. And ive done a couple by just re soldiering the connection at the contacts.

Other times the switch can just be pulled and cleaned up and reinstalled. On trucks that had bad dryers the corosion in the system can be pretty **** bad.

big block 88

Why the **** did i not think about that!?!?!?!?

im a fairly big fella 6' 300 pounds but boy them 8d's put me through my paces. I back my duramax up to the passenger door and have the batts in the bed. I always have my trucks so the pass seats come completely out (also notice the spacers for the seats to keep them higher and away from the batts). One foot on the tailgate the other in the cab and its an awkward hump thrust twist fart maneuver and the batts are in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks