• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Any of the 11.00-20,12.00-20,14.00-20,16.00-20 is First number (whatever it is) + wheel diameter + First number so 11.00-20 is 11+20+11 = 42" tall.

All of the P metric sizes can be run thru any tire size calculator.

395/85/20s are 46.4 inches tall. Unless you are letting UPS freight take measurements and they are 50 inches tall then!

74M35A2

14.00 or 16.00 is the tire sidewall profile height. So if you start with a 20” rim, and add 14” x 2 (top and bottom), you get 48”. With a 16 you’ll get 52”. I think actual measured is 49”/53” respectively, when new.

The 395’s use automotive tire sizing. Width/profile % of width - rim diameter format.

Last edited:

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just sizing you up to see if I should show up and take that 3500 from you. I’m a little lighter, but running 16.00’s, less weight, much bigger footprint ...but, I’d have to show up to see who would win.

You are safe. I’m not coming, even if I could beat you. I’m thinking my 16.00’s aired down would give me the edge, but, it’s all talk at this point since I’m not going to be there. So, I’ll wish you luck!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I believe Eli wants to have a little tug of war at the Georgia rally with the stipulation that I have to leave my truck turned off.

jaws4518

Cold Beer
I was just sizing you up to see if I should show up and take that 3500 from you. I’m a little lighter, but running 16.00’s, less weight, much bigger footprint ...but, I’d have to show up to see who would win.

You are safe. I’m not coming, even if I could beat you. I’m thinking my 16.00’s aired down would give me the edge, but, it’s all talk at this point since I’m not going to be there. So, I’ll wish you luck!
I'll let you know how things turn out. I don't think it will be easy, but I think I have a good chance. I know to take it slow and smooth to balance power with grip. No buffeting or spinning. Maybe my experience operating dozer’s and heavy loaders will give me some edge too.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe Ill change my mind. Don’t start bouncing, or I’ll whip you around like the tail on a dog!

Best get your girls to hold on to the brass pole. Don’t need them falling out! Especially the big ones. Those are your money girls!

jaws4518

Cold Beer
Maybe Ill change my mind. Don’t start bouncing, or I’ll whip you around like the tail on a dog!

Best get your girls to hold on to the brass pole. Don’t need them falling out! Especially the big ones. Those are your money girls!
You got that right!:twisted: Maybe I should install leg iron apparatus like the Romans had their battle wagons. I need a cadence drummer too!:) Heave-ho that lard-ass forward. Smells like victory!:razz:

74M35A2

Do I smell an 8.3 vs 250 event? Sure, it is all about traction, but you know what’s going to happen regardless if the 8.3 takes the 250 for a walk.... If this is on, I may fly down for it (anything to avoid replacing my back window).

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do I smell an 8.3 vs 250 event? Sure, it is all about traction, but you know what’s going to happen regardless if the 8.3 takes the 250 for a walk.... If this is on, I may fly down for it (anything to avoid replacing my back window).
And engine ...

Josh

Replaced front carrier bearing. The bearing itself was fine, but the rubber portion started coming apart making a weird noise between 55 and 65. Was alot easier to replace than expected.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Bring a spare T case for me because I won’t back down from a invite to walk the dog on a 250, I have some evil stuff brewing under the hood. Now if you’re talking about that big cam hooking chains I don’t want none of that sorcery

74M35A2

Stalled on the 400hp ISL transplant because a like-new ISX-15L Signature 600hp fell into my lap. Just undecided on trans and transfer case if I go ISX, don't want a 1:1 T case and have the truck go slower top speed than stock, with a bigger engine. The 13 speed Roadranger trans I have is rated to 1200ft-lb max, perfect match to the ISL. The ISX is 1800-2200ft-lb range. That is also somewhat my hesitation on the ISL, since it is an EFI engine, can't up the governed RPM like you can with a mechanical C series (8.3L). Best for increasing rpm would be to P pump an ISL, but then you lose the efficiency, good cold starting, diagnostics, reduced emissions/noise, etc.... With just a governor spring kit on the 8.3L, you can pick up a lot of RPM and therefore top speed, especially if you add the fuel and timing to pull it.

8.9L ISL is still a much easier swap into an already equipped 8.3L a2 though, exact same engine externally and good up to 400hp/1200tq stock. 4 valve, roller lifter, VGT, Jake actuators, PacBrake exhaust brake, 2-piece steel topped pistons (no EGT worries), etc.....

Stock 8.3L is still running same as new, drove it over the weekend.

925weekend.jpg

Last edited:

jaws4518

Cold Beer
Bring a spare T case for me because I won’t back down from a invite to walk the dog on a 250, I have some evil stuff brewing under the hood. Now if you’re talking about that big cam hooking chains I don’t want none of that sorcery
Well, I can't loose any money unless I tear things up. I've been watching a few videos and I haven't seen anyone walk the dog very fast. I'm not going to push so hard that I can't drive home. The $3500 bounty won't cover that expense. If anyone thinks that I am so out classed on this speak up. I'm not worried about loosing. I just want to drive out of the park. What are the mechanical risks that you think could happen. These trucks are supposed to be tough... Shi.t! The tires fall off over a tug-of-war contest? Better not!

What's my weakest link? Transmission, T-case, diffs, or what?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks