• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How did you wire in the eyecon lights? I have that exact setup but the project has been set aside for sometime now and I need to finish it.
I had to make some of the cables longer and some shorter. I put the breaker box in the truck's battery box and ran the cables up through the floor. I put the Eyecon control box next to the winch control.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yeah we had a 4th of July party. Lots of Machine Guns, a canon, flame thrower, and explosives. We had a good time!
I knew it! I saw the exercise of the Second Amendment happening when I spotted the bowling pins! Yes! That sounds like about as much fun as a person can have with their clothes on. :)

Crf450x

Ok, I want to steal your idea!! Where did you get the gauges & gauge pod from?? Look awesome by way too.
Thank you! It was quite the job making it look right. The pod is made by glowshift. I’m hoping the individual pods won’t bounce around too much.

The gauges are isspro ev2. The 30 psi fuel pressure gauge is hooked to a 400psi sensor and now 10=100, 20=200 etc. Had to reprogram the gauge to read correctly.

Also, the gauges/lights can use 24v with no modifications.

Last edited:

flashbucks

I took mine to a Labor Day cookout and give people rides in the back, plus home brewed an "easier to find" wiper blade solution, and I use it for a daily driver (round trip is 96 miles, so, I sleep at the shop several times a week) Oh! And added a 59 cent cupholder from Goodwill. Holds the monster size drink cups nicely!
Just an FYI, HF has a magnetic "paint can" holder that attaches to any flat steel surface and holds two beverages plus a few pens if needed. Paint to match your truck and you are set. https://www.harborfreight.com/magne...k-64643.html?_br_psugg_q=magnetic+tool+holder

Crf450x

Hopefully you did the air filter cage setup and the 46664 filter otherwise you will be starving the engine
Nah I decided the small gain wasn’t worth the trouble. This winter I’m gonna look into a totally different air box. Maybe use the space where the trans cooler used to be? Not sure yet. Right now I’m just tired of working on it every day

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Nah I decided the small gain wasn’t worth the trouble. This winter I’m gonna look into a totally different air box. Maybe use the space where the trans cooler used to be? Not sure yet. Right now I’m just tired of working on it every day
I had an air box setup that set on the inner fender liner. Was a whole filter housing and everything complete out of the box wix 46891. Filter is bi directional. I hooked from the filter to the turbo using a 7in to 5.5 in hose i got from big rig chrome shop

Cut an intake in the hood much like the deuce heater scoop. Use plumbers metal banding to secure it to the metal brackets in the inner fender liner

Crf450x

I had an air box setup that set on the inner fender liner. Was a whole filter housing and everything complete out of the box wix 46891. Filter is bi directional. I hooked from the filter to the turbo using a 7in to 5.5 in hose i got from big rig chrome shop

Cut an intake in the hood much like the deuce heater scoop. Use plumbers metal banding to secure it to the metal brackets in the inner fender liner
I came across that in an old post trying to see what other people had done. May wind up with something like that. I plan to rig up a vacuum gauge of some sort to see how much of a difference I can make.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks