• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Since the topic is axes, Here's a pic of the mount in my 1009 after paint, all the other attachments stay in my ammo can console.

I also bought an rt-524 with all the accessories, so I've got to install the rear buss bar and everything else for it.:jumpin:

Attachments

Evil Dr.,

Im going to grab an extra rifle mount tomorrow morning and give it a "swing". Just put a new handle on my surplus Collins axe head, looks great painted up O.D. again. I might be able to get three or four more of these surplus ones, just a little leg work and some new hickory and good as new.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now you have room to fab up a center console using an ammo can :grin:
I needed a place to mount a CB and tunes so I found a large ammo can and will be working on it next. Recovery4x4 sent me a link for a commercial console but I think I am going the A-Can rout. I am also mounting a pioneer tool kit on the back wall on top of the hi jack. I am liking this mod. Good Lookin out.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Removed the rubber floor mat and insulation, No rust. For a 86 I was impressed. Also fit the rock sliders fit into place. I decided to go with black when it comes time to paint them. Does anyone here in this thread have a few good pictures of an ammo can console..?

I have a few good ideias but would like a few more.:popcorn:

Attachments

Last edited:
this may be misleading at first, but this is for my m1009. i use this to haul mine when we go trail riding to a distant offroad parks. problem i was having is that.. well.... my cucv wouldnt fit. with 1 Tons and H1 wheels and tires.. i was too wide to load by 2-3 inches.. so i had to remove the fenders. But i wanted to stay DOT legal, so after some.. thinking over a beer or 12... :cookoo: looking to see what i had laying around... and a trip to a friends house who has a mill/lathe. we made minor adjustments and was able to reinstall fenders back on.. but now they slide outwards for loading wider than normal loads, and can still be removed by removing 2 bolts. took it for a test run.. no rattles or wobbles on fenders... this came out pretty sweet..[thumbzup]

Attachments

Last edited:

wayne pick

I replaced the front output shaft seal on my 205 transfer case. Upgraded to a double lip seal, Quad 4x4 part #QU50124 $23.97 and four bolt flange gasket #TK10514 $4.47. No need to fully remove the front drive shaft, just disconnect it from the shaft flange and put it to the left frame side. About an hour working on the ground:cookoo: with jackstands.

bshupe

I found a guy local to me who is parting out a civi p/u that has the dual fuel doors on it and I was able to lock him into a price for it. The bed is in great shape with gate and all.

Now onto locating a second tank, switching solenoid and tank selector switch for the cab. I should be starting this second tank project in no time.

chevyCUCV

I hit 70 today on the highway!!!
Duramax came up next to me, so i put the pedal down and hung with him till he started blowing smoke and took off

Made me smile:)

ryan77

Busy afternoon, Finished the peel and stick roof on the floor of the m1008 for sound control, Installed black carpet, black seat belts, repainted the dash cover, and mounted the hummer wheels and tires on back!!!

chief1983

Ordered a bunch of stuff for mine. Found an off roading tow strap that attaches to the D hooks for $30, and some military trailer chains for about twenty. Also added in an antenna tie down rope set in case I ever want to hook up the antenna, might as well round out the collection (only an extra ten bucks). Got the Smittybilt 5661031 seat cover on the way, found one used on Amazon. If it's in good shape I might buy the second with my remaining gift card balance. Got some DeoxIT D5S-6 contact cleaner too, to hopefully solve my wiper woes (one connector makes using them at all hard, and another one won't let them park properly) and restore the electrical functionality on my other project vehicle, a '66 CJ5. Might use it on the fan switches too as my blower isn't working anymore, or working for only a moment before shutting off. Not sure if it's a motor or connector issue but I'll start with cleaning and greasing connectors first. Can't hurt.

chevyCUCV

Someone hit and ran on my truck. Caved in the passenger bedside in front of the wheel but behind the door.
My bed was rough before but now its a goner, I filed a police report but insurance wont cover it, and even if they would it would be $500 deductible.

Oh well it still functions, i see a stepside, flatbed or trailer bed in my future

wayne pick

Someone hit and ran on my truck. Caved in the passenger bedside in front of the wheel but behind the door.
My bed was rough before but now its a goner, I filed a police report but insurance wont cover it, and even if they would it would be $500 deductible.

Oh well it still functions, i see a stepside, flatbed or trailer bed in my future
I have a M1031 with a flatbed that was installed by the PO, Wasn't crazy about the bed at first but it grew on me. It's far more practical for loading large heavy stuff and You won't worry about mashing up the bedsides like on a regular pickup when binding down those items, mine has a gooseneck hookup hidden under a door on the bed and an EL' Smasho rear bumper that really-really discourages tailgating. The PO fabbed up a super sturdy spare tire mount.

Attachments

Dr.Jay

I have a 1985 M1009 that at one point in time belonged to a fire department, and the US Forestry Service.
Well for starters, no pun intended.
I replaced both batteries. Rebuilt both alternators. Repaired all the blown fuse-able links. repaired the blown zinear diode, burned circuit trace, and relay in the glow plug controller. Hopefully it will last, but the glow plug controller bypass switch is still in place.
My 10 year old daughter helped replaced the rotted out fuel tank with a 30 gallon one. (This requires lengthening the pick up tube for the sending unit so the gauge reads correctly, and it does not starve for fuel because the new tank is about 2" deeper) Also lengthened the mounting brackets for the fuel tank skid plate.

Replaced all four missing shocks, and replaced the head lamps.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.