• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broke my glow plug controller card taking it out. Guess I have to bypass it now :lol:

Friday night my truck was very slow to start. Wait light would come on for the usual amount of time, but my truck cranked for a long time before finally kicking over (like the GP's were never or barely activated). I bought a new GP relay when I got the truck, just didn't get around to installing it, and the GP controller card bypass was in the plans too.

So that's on the agenda for tomorrow.

iluvbudwsr

@unaffiliated; Thanks for the tips. I knew there was a better way to do it but I had to do something as a quick fix so I could see at night...I'll go with your method as soon as I can get some time....

twlinks

Just waiting, a little anxiously and nervously, till my M1009 is picked up at Camp Shelby, MS tomorrow. I had to hire a local tow service to go get it at the base and then the shipper is scheduled to pick it up on Wed. Feb. 1st. It should be delivered by the weekend...I hope.

chevyCUCV

I put in new front shocks on sunday.
Today i did an oil change
The oil light was staying on for a second after start up. Went from a Wix filter to AC Delco. Now the light goes out right away.

Still driving it everyday :driver:

allenhillview

I put in new front shocks on sunday.
Today i did an oil change
The oil light was staying on for a second after start up. Went from a Wix filter to AC Delco. Now the light goes out right away.

Still driving it everyday :driver:
Which front shocks did you buy? I'm doing that this weekend. I liked the cheap ones on Gabriel's site, J.C. had 20% off this past Mon. so i did it, coil over spring type, there cheap but I,m trying it for 70.00 (set of 2). Just curious about your search? the reviews said to paint again because the springs rust Quickly, I'm going to follow up on that.

chevyCUCV

I bought Rancho rs5000. If i was doing it again, i would get the cheapest option like gabriel or monroe. I paid 45 each for front, and 20 each for rear shocks, from Amazon.

They work fine though, sure made the ride smoother. The rears have been on for a while and i haven't noticed them rusting.

Tulsafireman

New glow plugs. And I put 33" BFG's on it. Now I have a 4" lift kit laying here waiting to be installed so I can fut the 37" hummer take offs on it. After I order the 16.5 rims.

edpdx

Scanner, CB, New Clarion 2 post radio/cassette

Bought a CB a while back- still not installed. At the wrecking yard a couple of days ago and found a d@mn nice antenna for it. Bought a new scanner antenna and scanner installed them today. Works great. At the yard today I looked around for a better stock sized 2-post radio. Found a Clarion with cassette. Tried it out and am in the middle of completing the installation. Pictures soon.

CycleJay

Hi Guys,

The only thing I did today to my M1009, was to install a new air filter.
I noticed how dirty the old one was, so out it went.

By the way, the air filter already on it, had a ring of what looked like
what they make scrubbing sponges from, already around it, on the outside of it.
Any idea what it is/was?
The guy at the parts store said it did not need it.
So I left it off, and just used the new air filter by itself, now my engine seems to run
better.

Good night,

CJ

ryan77

Hi Guys,

Any idea what it is/was?
So I left it off, and just used the new air filter by itself, now my engine seems to run
better.

Good night,

CJ
Its a pre filter, some guys soak them in oil to catch the really fine stuff, i throw them out as they restrict the air flow!

CycleJay

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for the post, and the information.
I chose not to put it on, and just leave the new filter by itself.
So as to not restrict airflow, it does seem my engine runs better without the prefilter.

Good night,

CJ

twlinks

Finally got it out of Camp Shelby. Took them over two hours to hunt down the key, but they finally found it (one less thing to have to do now). Tow service hauled it to their yard, being picked up on Friday and delivered here now on Monday. Seems like it changes every day.

Would like to go ahead and apply for the SF97, but several of you have said the VIN# on the GL site doesn't always match up, so I'll wait till it's in front of me and I can confirm the #.

I also picked up a 20mm ammo box for a console at a gun show last weekend and before that, a couple of 30" x 7" Propellent cylinders. I have no idea what I'm going to use them for yet, but they looked cool, are in great condition and only paid $10 each for them, so I'll figure some way to put them to good use.

I'm going to convert my M101A2 to a camper also. Should be fun here in the flatlands or a trip to the mountains in CO. Not so sure how the diesel reacts to mountain air though, so if anyone has experience or suggestions in that area, would like to hear them.

Pics of both the M1009 and the M101A2 to follow.

allenhillview

Hi Guys,

Any idea what it is/was?
better.

Good night,

CJ
Did your new one(air filter) have the sock on it? I,m looking for the one that does since the TM shows it I don't have alot of power anyway in stock form but hay dust makes me want it(summer time hay making season) Thank in advance.

chief1983

Started my second reinstall of a new drive shaft. Pretty sure the last one failed because a needle bearing cap was in a bind in the drive shaft. This time, I'm going to be using my neighbor's press instead of a hammer to put them in. Got the new drive shaft's old u-joints removed, got it wire brush cleaned and ready for the new u-joints. Also this time, decided I would take care of some rough spots that developed on the slip yoke, I got some 320 grit emery cloth at NAPA and got the yoke nice and smooth. Should make a much better contact with the new transfer case output shaft seal I'm installing, and hopefully stop my TC fluid leak for the most part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks