• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered a ORD frame repair/upgrade kit for Power Steering box, I've broken 3 Steering gearboxes, ( frame flexes and snaps tabs off steering gearbox, guess thats what happens running recentered H1's beadlocks with 37 BFG Baja TA ) Im not breaking another, Sfittening up frame and upgrading to Hydro Assisted Steering.[thumbzup]

edpdx

After installing a Clarion Shaft-style AM/FM/Cassette in the radio slot- removed an old style RCA, I have been bust getting a new alpine DIN style AM/FM/Cassette ready to swap in. I had problems with the belts on the Clarion, so I went with a worm driven Alpine.

I have not installed a DIN style deck before and hate to cut the radio slot up excessively. Is there an easy way to do this?

chief1983

"What have you done to your CUCV today/lately?"

Enjoyed it.

:mrgreen:

We finally got a decent amount of snow, and there was no way I was going to miss a perfectly good chance to take it for a romp. Even met the new neighbors and got them to hop in.

Attachments

Last edited:

edpdx

chief1983, that is a cool note and an awesome way to introduce yourself. Now they won't be going: "... you know, that 'Army Guy' next door... what the h=!! is that about?" [thumbzup]

wayne pick

Removed and welded broken power steering bracket. Top pivot tab broke cleen through, slide adj under alt split. Probably the cause of throwing both belts a few weeks back, never checked the pump. Have been hearing a buzz from what sounded like a loose heat shield, there are none on my truck. Just could not track it down. I found the pump jumping arround a few days after I re tightened the new belts. Check your pump bracket if you have reocurring belt throwing.

chevyCUCV

I put a new starter wire in the other day. The little wire on the solenoid came loose. I replaced the terminal and put a new nut on it with lock washer.
Had to drop the starter to do this, i couldnt get at the little stud.

mudman

I have rebuilt the glow plug system, cleaned the door sills, Dog Head relay all in the last 3 weeks. got alternator rebuild kit coming for Alt's one & two, and have a set of sliders coming form member "Shankem-Deep". Working on my M1028 is better than Married Sex!!!!

combatmech

Changed oil/oil filter and fuel filter. Greased front end and drive train as per the lube order.
Truck had been a little slugish over the past month. Found some loose clamps on the filter housing. I suspected air getting in the system...now I know where it was coming from.

edpdx

MUDMAN wrote:
Code:
Working on my M1028 is better than Married Sex!!!!
mudman, can I get your trucks number? ;-).

CycleJay

Hi Guys,

Today 18 February 2012, I went out in the pouring rain,
and replaced the negative battery cable to the front battery,
and fixed the solargizer wiring, so the little solargizer box blinks now.

Status
Not open for further replies.