• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OL AG '89

COOl Console!!

Here's my center console- floor shifter mount. I might add another cup holder or put oil, water and trans temp guages where the circles are drawn on the can lid. I need some feedback on that, Thanks, WCP
GREAT Console! I might have to build one of those for the easy chair, just because it looks so COOL!!

HOWEY

Your winch looks very neatly mounted, is that a production mount or a custom fab? Either way, can I get some more pics? Still have my 10k in the box in the back of the 09.
Its a generic winch platform shortened to fit in the middle of the brushguard had to move the top section bar up a few inches for it to fit heightwise, welded to the bumber itself and braced down to the shackle tubes with some off cuts, its pretty sturdy ....

Attachments

Corvette1974

Its a generic winch platform shortened to fit in the middle of the brushguard had to move the top section bar up a few inches for it to fit heightwise, welded to the bumber itself and braced down to the shackle tubes with some off cuts, its pretty sturdy ....

That is awesome...looks like it was meant to be there. :cool:

Will

wayne pick

Thats cool, but i would not put guages that low. Cup holders yes.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. I just want to make it more functional, not just a shift tower with some cup holders. A radio behind the shifter? Then I can use the radio spot on the dash for gauges. I've seen guys do that on here a few times and they look like they belong there. I don't want to hang the gauges under the dash with one of those generic gauge mounts, again too low and a cobbled add on look. I mounted the can yesterday and hooked up the shift cable to the trans. I'll post some pics of the shifter linkage under the can lid and on the trans itself for anyone interested in this mod.

bshupe

Got some odds and ends done heres some pics

Great looking truck! I cant wait to get my H1s on. What type/color paint did you use on the wheels? Did you mount the tires/wheels and then paint so the finish is all smooth like that? If so, how did you mask off the tire?

Did you get the numbers from a specific source with some kind of meaning or did you choose something randomly?

Thanks for taking time to post and field questions.

Bob

ryan77

Great looking truck! I cant wait to get my H1s on. What type/color paint did you use on the wheels? Did you mount the tires/wheels and then paint so the finish is all smooth like that? If so, how did you mask off the tire?

Did you get the numbers from a specific source with some kind of meaning or did you choose something randomly?

Thanks for taking time to post and field questions.

Bob
I mounted the tires my self using the ether method with new o rings, i painted the wheels with Sherwin williams carc, just spray it on and wipe the over spray off the tires. The numbers were on the truck under 5 layers of paint!!

ryan77

U spray ether in to get the tire to bead on the rim before u fill with air, I would not recomend doing it though!!!

engineman2

CUCV mods

Ok, so this is kind of an old addition. Since the truck is sitting so high off the ground with the lift and all, I wanted a good way to get into the bed without getting a running start and leaping. So, I made this. Using an existing hole and drilling a new one in the bumper, along with some bits of 1" angle iron, big cotter pins and dirtbike chain. Why hang the step on a chain? So it doesn't get ripped off when going over an obstacle. I'm sure someone else has had this idea before, but I think it's pretty neat.

Attachments

bshupe

Ok, so this is kind of an old addition. Since the truck is sitting so high off the ground with the lift and all, I wanted a good way to get into the bed without getting a running start and leaping. So, I made this. Using an existing hole and drilling a new one in the bumper, along with some bits of 1" angle iron, big cotter pins and dirtbike chain. Why hang the step on a chain? So it doesn't get ripped off when going over an obstacle. I'm sure someone else has had this idea before, but I think it's pretty neat.

Great idea. Around here the big utility trucks have the same sort of thing but they use a thick piece of wire rope instead of chain.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Hooked my clone cucv up and hauled it to work this morning, getting ready to change out the rear bumper to night after work, and put a m1008 rear bumper on her. Next I'll be getting ready to put the new 6.2na, trans, and t-case in after that.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hooked my clone cucv up and hauled it to work this morning, getting ready to change out the rear bumper to night after work, and put a m1008 rear bumper on her. Next I'll be getting ready to put the new 6.2na, trans, and t-case in after that.
Thats a really cool project. The towbar looks like it needs its own ZIP code.

Status
Not open for further replies.