• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtroadoutlaw

Threw a little herculiner in the back & hit the tailgate with it too. Did the front about a year ago so they match now! Well... when it gets as dirty as the rest it will match haha. Making side panels to house speakers & amps & subs are in a custom box that I can take out & put back in as necessary. Back seat just got recovered to match the '04 HD seats. can't decide what color vinyl to cover the panels with though :-/

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa424/dirtroadoutlaw/2012-05-31075551.jpg

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa424/dirtroadoutlaw/2012-05-31075601.jpg

hunderliggur

Took the top off the 1009, then it stated to rain:sad: I also picked up a new air cleaner and resonator box, no more 6.2 drone for me. Should make the drive to Wasilla a little more bearable.
What parts did you get for the air cleaner and resonator? I'm interested in "sound quality" solutions! Our 93 year old Amateur Radio morning net controller for the Holly Net says I have a lot of background noise ;-)

hunderliggur

I actually operate Amateur Radio from my M1009. At the rear is an AB15/MS-11X NVIS HF. The other two are for SINGARS bases repurposed to single band HF (Hamsticks) I can switch between the three. On the other side is another SINGARS for VHF/UHF. Two be added are two Jerry cans for biodiesel.

jhyatt7

I accomplished a lot today!!! I'm very happy with the progress I made, today I disassembled the dash, because I had no dash lights or speedo. I took and emery board to nearly every connection, and carefully and thoroughly cleaned the stamped circuits powering the instrument panel. I also greased the speedo cable. Next I focused on the voltage meter, it stays on even with the key removed, after cleaning it up and replacing a brass nut, it works now.

I also mounted a center console from a police car (thanks K9VIC ) mounted a CB inside.
Made a arm rest out of duffle bag.

End result dash lights work! Speedo works! Voltage meter works!:jumpin:
Pics to follow!!

Draco-87

Update on the 700r4.............RUNNING GREAT!!!!!!!!!! need to get the 33,s on her. Now if i can just remember to keep my foot out of it i might get my feul milage back. by the way any one need a th400 with trans case just 29,000 miles on it but it needs the valve body cleaned up!

Last edited:

jets1959

Update on the 700r4.............RUNNING GREAT!!!!!!!!!! need to get the 33,s on her. Now if i can just remember to keep my foot out of it i might get my feul milage back. by the way any one need a th400 with trans case just 29,000 miles on it but it needs the valve body cleaned up!
I would if you were closer and it was from a M1031 instead of a M1009!

iacucv

Doghead mod done. Starting with confidence now. I slacked a bit, took me a week and a half of owning it to get it done! Finished up install of CD player and custom speaker box that fits in front of the Tcase shifter on the hump yesterday. So nice to have some tunes on the way to work! Next on the priority list is to stop the surface rust from the gravel flinging on the fender and rock guard the bottom 6" of the rig. Mama has the weekend planned out though so in the meantime maybe some minor door adjustment and cleaning/lubing the latches so my doors shut nicer.

Mike68

This past few weeks on my M1009 I have changed the old fuel filter to the spin on kind and that solved my hard to start issues. I also changed the fuel gauge and the sending unit in the tank and the gauge works now!!!!:jumpin: I also put seat covers on the front seats that made them more comfy, and put new tires on. I put the goodyear wrangler authoritys from wally world on it. They balanced out really well and it came a downpour that same day and they were great on the wet pavement. I also got to try them in some mud due to the rain and was very pleased with their performance. I didnt get stuck anyway so I guess thats a plus!!! Oh, I stayed with the stock 31 10.50 15 size for the good mpg's and keep all the power I could.:-D

indy4x4fab

Banned
Got the new rear drive shaft in jeremyk5's truck last night, it fit just right. He has the day off to day and is working on hanging the exhaust to day with the help of his younger bother. THE TRUCKS GOING TO MAKE IT TO HASPIN, YYYYYYAAAAAA, I'm tired of working on that dang truck. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.