• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

buelligan68

Noticed you live in Marietta there's an Army Navy up on SR 140 just across the Cherokee co. county line driving east off Arnold Mill rd. that has nozzles but a shaker siphon works better.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was talking about the box on your truck, not the trailer.:oops:

BTW, I aspire to have Palm Trees in my back yard. I have all cherry, oak and pines.

joediveguy

Father's Day Projects.......

Spent my Father’s day weekend getting greasy and working on the truck!
· Electric fuel pump, CHECK!
· Remove old POS fuel filter base, and throw it in the trash, CHECK!
· Install spin on fuel filter base and filter, CHECK!
· New Fuel Lines, CHECK!
· R&R Glow plugs, CHECK!
· Replace as many fuel and vacuum lines as I could, CHECK!
· Clean CDR Valve, CHECK!
· Clean IP check valve, CHECK!
· Plumb my Oil Pressure Gauge & mount gauge pod, CHECK!
She fired right up and runs like a champ! Not quite a different truck, but she has a noticeable power increase, does not smoke anymore and the transmission has a noticeable shift and most important, she down shifts now! Very happy with the mods! Now to get a skid plate to cover the fuel pump and replace the vacuum lines going into the transmission. Now on to the couch sitting, TV watching and beer drinking! Happy Father’s Day All!
Next mission, make some final tweaks to my Safari Rack and get her painted and mounted!

Attachments

AceHigh

Spent my Father’s day weekend getting greasy and working on the truck!
· Electric fuel pump, CHECK!
· Remove old POS fuel filter base, and throw it in the trash, CHECK!
· Install spin on fuel filter base and filter, CHECK!
· New Fuel Lines, CHECK!
· R&R Glow plugs, CHECK!
· Replace as many fuel and vacuum lines as I could, CHECK!
· Clean CDR Valve, CHECK!
· Clean IP check valve, CHECK!
· Plumb my Oil Pressure Gauge & mount gauge pod, CHECK!
She fired right up and runs like a champ! Not quite a different truck, but she has a noticeable power increase, does not smoke anymore and the transmission has a noticeable shift and most important, she down shifts now! Very happy with the mods! Now to get a skid plate to cover the fuel pump and replace the vacuum lines going into the transmission. Now on to the couch sitting, TV watching and beer drinking! Happy Father’s Day All!
Next mission, make some final tweaks to my Safari Rack and get her painted and mounted!
Nice gauge pod!

cocco78

Picked up 2800lbs of landscaping block last week. This week I put on a set of 37x15.50 toyos.

Attachments

Last edited:

hunderliggur

Finally put my LMC hood blanket in. Sounds a little quieter at idle, highway run tomorrow.

Started installing my DIY Grab Bars but broke the installation bolt. I guess that is why they call it a breaker bar ;-)

Put all the Molle pouches on my Smittybilt GEAR seat covers. Maybe my cab will be a little less cluttered.

Pics tomorrow, it is dark now.

chief1983

Took a load with my Dad's trailer to my new house. Probably the most loaded down I've had it yet, finally got to try out my new Draw-Tite tow bar. Had to cut the safety hooks off altogether on the pintle hook mount to get the bar installed, but I do plan on finishing up reinforcing the pintle hook with the tow bar itself. Need to move one of my pre-drilled holes a bit, didn't line it up as well as I should have apparently. Towed like a champ, but I ran into the same problem as others where the single T-connector for the trailer lights only carries one turn signal, not both. So since I already had one, and was in a pinch, I ordered another and spliced them together to save myself having to cut into the truck's stock wiring. The T-connectors are just long enough to meet in the middle and tuck mostly behind the bumper. I'll be doing something cleaner looking with Weather Packs and the NATO plug later, probably some sort of T-connector. When I have time.

Everything seemed fine with the truck, aside from this clicking sound when braking and turning, so with some hesitation I lent it to my friend (the one who broke my driver's window the first time he borrowed it). The lower radiator hose fell off while going down the road, which he was able to repair, but then it also simultaneously developed a leak in the heater core hose. So this last weekend I was reinserting the spring into the lower hose, and replacing heater core hose.

While I was working on it, I found the cause of the clicking. The steering pump had its _third_ loose bolt, and when applying heavy brake or steering at low speed, the pump would shudder violently and cause the metal hydraulic lines to rattle. So, managed to get a wrench on this last loose bolt (toughest one to get to yet) and locked it up snug. I'll be keeping an eye on that thing now.

Also tightened the nut the rest of the way on my starter bolt, I had found a nut that fit but never took a wrench to it, it was just stuck on the end of the bolt finger-tight.

Attachments

chief1983

Took the top off the 1009, then it stated to rain:sad: I also picked up a new air cleaner and resonator box, no more 6.2 drone for me. Should make the drive to Wasilla a little more bearable.
What parts did you get for the air cleaner and resonator? I'm interested in "sound quality" solutions! Our 93 year old Amateur Radio morning net controller for the Holly Net says I have a lot of background noise ;-)
Ditto here.

optitrader66

my m1008 has 105k miles on her and was kind of sluggish, so I put some newer used injectors off of a military takeout 6.2 in it and boy it gave it a power boost, and now idles smooth. sounds more like a diesel nowwith less of the old moan and drone . The old injectors were the long ones and had no copper washers .the new ones were the short ones and have the copper washers .

SRB1976

Took the 09 down to Saratoga Wyoming today. It's about an 80 mile round trip with half of it on I-80. Truck ran great!:driver:I know it's not real far but next month I'm planning on driving it to Casper which is about a 260 mile round trip. Baby steps

Status
Not open for further replies.