• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike68

This week my drivers side headlight on my M1009 was just hanging. So I took it apart and had to replace the plastic nut that holds the top adjuster and replaced the lamp. The lamp was in 2 pieces but still working!!
I ask about this on another thread and without going back to it I dont remember who told me this but thankyou very much:grin:, they said some people replace those plastic nuts with real nuts and thats what I will do if it happens again.
Yesterday I ordered new Warn Premium locking hubs for it. Hopefully they will be in so I can put them on this weekend. I have those on my F350 and they have been great.

picked up a full set of Spicer u-joints, after throwing a u-joint a few months ago on the highway I replaced the existing ones with whatever autozone had on the shelf. But next time I want some greaseless soilds and I went with the Spicers. Very glad I did and feel good to know there in the tool box on reserve.

Its interesting all the extra little items you accumulate when you have a CUCV just in case.

cocco78

picked up a full set of Spicer u-joints, after throwing a u-joint a few months ago on the highway I replaced the existing ones with whatever autozone had on the shelf. But next time I want some greaseless soilds and I went with the Spicers. Very glad I did and feel good to know there in the tool box on reserve.

Its interesting all the extra little items you accumulate when you have a CUCV just in case.
Never run anything but Spicer u-joints!! The auto parts store joints never last, not even in a DD street truck.

Well, here is what " I have done lately"... I got out and put a little mud on it and flex tested to see if the tires rub anywhere. They do hit the inner fender well in the bed on the rear when stuffed. Not to bad for 37x13.50r17 Toyo's and no lift...

Attachments

Last edited:

hunderliggur

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340509073.390346.jpgAdded a cold air intake from LMC. Bought the hose clamp locally. The LMC hood liner dropped the sound level 3-5 dB at highway speed. The intake takes off another 1-2 dB. My wife can hear me on the phone now. I don't know if that it an improvement or not ;-) undercoat will come later this summer.

CycleJay

re: Father's Day Projects......

Spent my Father’s day weekend getting greasy and working on the truck!
· Electric fuel pump, CHECK!
· Remove old POS fuel filter base, and throw it in the trash, CHECK!
· Install spin on fuel filter base and filter, CHECK!
· New Fuel Lines, CHECK!
· R&R Glow plugs, CHECK!
· Replace as many fuel and vacuum lines as I could, CHECK!
· Clean CDR Valve, CHECK!
· Clean IP check valve, CHECK!
· Plumb my Oil Pressure Gauge & mount gauge pod, CHECK!
She fired right up and runs like a champ! Not quite a different truck, but she has a noticeable power increase, does not smoke anymore and the transmission has a noticeable shift and most important, she down shifts now! Very happy with the mods! Now to get a skid plate to cover the fuel pump and replace the vacuum lines going into the transmission. Now on to the couch sitting, TV watching and beer drinking! Happy Father’s Day All!
Next mission, make some final tweaks to my Safari Rack and get her painted and mounted!

Hello Joe,

Your mods and your '09 look good.

What kind of center console is that, and where did you find it?

Also, how/where did you get that safari rack?
And with the rack, can you still put your roof back on?

joediveguy

Hello Joe,

Your mods and your '09 look good.

What kind of center console is that, and where did you find it?

Thanks, it is a work in progress. I just added a stero and speakers today!

I found the center console at a flea market! $5! It is perfect.

I had a buddy of mine build the safari rack for me. He builds race cars for a living. It attaches to the bed rail and fits over the top.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can answer these for him, I saw his truck last week at his place.

He made the safari rack himself, welded it up and painted it. And yes, he can put the rear roof back on with the safari rack installed. It's a neat design, very creative. Won't help much in a rollover, but let's hope he doesn't get offroading in places that severe! :)

joediveguy

. Won't help much in a rollover, but let's hope he doesn't get offroading in places that severe! :)

Oh contraire monfraire, Once bolted up, it will be as strong as a roll cage. I designed it and had my friend weld it up. He builds race car chaises and roll cages. We bolted it on and both stood up on it and jumped around on it and it did not flex it at all. Still tweaking it.

CycleJay

Hi guys,

Joe, do you have any idea what vehicle that center console came out of?
Or do you think it was after market?

Just curious, how much would it cost for me to get one of those racks put on my M1009?,
by you and that friend of yours, that is, if it would be okay to use your design.

joediveguy

Hi guys,

Joe, do you have any idea what vehicle that center console came out of?
Or do you think it was after market?

Just curious, how much would it cost for me to get one of those racks put on my M1009?,
by you and that friend of yours, that is, if it would be okay to use your design.
Hey CJ, the center console is an aftermarket. No idea what it cames out of. I had a surburban one in, then I found this a the local flea market.

I would cost around 1K to fab up another Safari Rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.