• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
no pictures of the one being fabbed up but heres what I gavve him as guidance.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad68/HarrisonTactical/k5bumper.jpg

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad68/HarrisonTactical/TAGk5bumper.jpg

I saw one he did for my neighbors civi 08 and it looks real nice. Im having a spot for the blackout lights put in and also using my existing shackles and the bars that come off the frame to hole them. I think those are by far the best spot for a high lift. Its perfect for the jacking as the jaw goes under the bar and the shackle holds the jaw from walking or stepping off. 1/4" plate fully welded. Also a hidden winch mount for a 12k

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I saw one he did for my neighbors civi 08 and it looks real nice. Im having a spot for the blackout lights put in and also using my existing shackles and the bars that come off the frame to hole them. I think those are by far the best spot for a high lift. Its perfect for the jacking as the jaw goes under the bar and the shackle holds the jaw from walking or stepping off. 1/4" plate fully welded. Also a hidden winch mount for a 12k
Those look like the ones being fabbed up by buckstop.biz on their site. Very beefy looking....

joediveguy

Daddy like! I just dont have $2K to drop on a bumper! I have an old school bus bumper that I am going to try to fab up.

K9Vic

Nice, so you did go with the Treadwight tires after all on the M1009. Mine shipped just as fast and usually do when they are in stock. Too bad they do not have the 33 anymore, but you still have the factory look with 31 tires. They are great tires and as you saw on my M1031 they look great on the CUCV trucks.

Here, let me rotate those pictures for you and a picture from a few weeks ago from the ball park in George Town.

Attachments

Keith_J

We got the M1031 HOME!! Without damage too. 1300 miles flat towed. Towed FINE using the 39,000 pound tow bars, 1"-3/4" bushings on the truck's rails (bronze bushings, oil soaked) and most importantly, a F250 Superduty 4x4 quad cab. Driveshaft removed and tied up, transfer case in neutral with hubs free. M1009s flat tow poorly, 1008s and the like seem to be much better but that may be the size of the towing vehicle.

Goodies? Manuals for generator, PTO, air compressor and air compressor motor (Baldor). Build sheet for the truck and warranty extension card. Tires are new M+S in correct size, brand name too but cannot remember at the moment. Even had a NEW lock with two keys. Brown colored military issue. Two sets of NATO cables and one is the long model with metal cases.

Truck even had the Solargizer INSTALLED and WORKING!!! Started up without jumping.

jets1959

We got the M1031 HOME!! Without damage too. 1300 miles flat towed. Towed FINE using the 39,000 pound tow bars, 1"-3/4" bushings on the truck's rails (bronze bushings, oil soaked) and most importantly, a F250 Superduty 4x4 quad cab. Driveshaft removed and tied up, transfer case in neutral with hubs free. M1009s flat tow poorly, 1008s and the like seem to be much better but that may be the size of the towing vehicle.

Goodies? Manuals for generator, PTO, air compressor and air compressor motor (Baldor). Build sheet for the truck and warranty extension card. Tires are new M+S in correct size, brand name too but cannot remember at the moment. Even had a NEW lock with two keys. Brown colored military issue. Two sets of NATO cables and one is the long model with metal cases.

Truck even had the Solargizer INSTALLED and WORKING!!! Started up without jumping.
You lucky dog you!!!!

K9Vic

Painted my M101A1 trailer this morning with Behr paint.
Looks good, did you water down the paint with about 10% at all?

What method did you use to apply it, brush, high foam roller, foam brush?

I started to paint some of my M416 with the green Behr paint and will be using the roller method on most of it. Anything that I cannot get with that will be a foam brush.

twlinks

Thanks. I didn't dilute it all...straight out of the bucket, sprayed with my Graco sprayer, the same one I use to paint houses and barns. I did use a 213 tip which produces about a 6 inch spray fan and pretty low pressure setting to reduce blow back. Went over most of it three times and used about a gallon and a quarter of paint.

I had washed it out a couple of days ago. I taped off lights and data plates only, covered the tires and wheels and started painting (at 6:00 A.M. while it was bearable here). Whole thing from start to finish took an hour and 15 minutes. Went to McDonalds, got breakfast, waited till it was dry to the touch and pulled it home.

Right now, Behr paint is "Buy 4, Get the 4th FREE" by rebate.

I would not water it down, especially if you're going to be brushing/rolling it on.

Last edited:

Keith_J

No playing with my new toy today, dad called and had a water pump go bad in his car. Then I have to fix the CUCV "recovery vehicle", mkcoen's truck. Radiator replacement.

I'm a wrench spinning fool, now you know why I wanted an M1031 SECM. If the women don't find you handsome, at least they should find you handy.

donalloy1

Totally took apart Instrument Cluster, cleaned, replaced lamps, fixed trans location indicator and put back together. Very happy with outcome! Everything still works.:doghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.