• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinny

Buffed half of my truck. Paint was so faded and oxidized I had to use HD compound and countless amounts of towels/sweat just for the drivers side.

IMG_1246.jpg

Keith_J

Finally did the Doghead starter solenoid modification. It works so I think it was done right but didn't have any wiring diagram to check. The original solenoid has a shunt diode on the solenoid coil, don't know if the new one has it.

twlinks

Four sawsall blades, four + hours, lots of sweat and I finally got all six bolts cut off so I could remove the brush guard. A few good whacks with a hammer and it's all straight now. This also gives me much better access to the grill to get it painted. A little bit at a time and one of these days, it's gonna be painted.

Well, after many beers or twelve... i finally finished fabricating a custom transfercase crossmember /skid plate for my 09. it give me about 2-3" more in clearance and will fully protect my doubler.... Just got done painting it with some rustproof primer and some good ole kryon OD green camo... Pics to follow on build thread shortly.... i cant seem to remember where i placed my camera or my beer, im thinking maybe the paint fumes may have something to do with it....aua

Keith_J

I used the compressor on the back to run a dual action sander. For about 30 seconds aua. Yes, it really is about 5 CFM, even when the pressure switch is tweaked to 120 PSI.

It will work for an impact wrench. Won't for something air hungry.

Yes, it was for working on a FMV. Sanding is dirty work.

cocco78

Took the army truck on a nice 4 day, 500 mile trip around the UP last week. We started at Whitefish Point and ended at Fayette using backroads and trails as much as possible. Slideshow here: UPO 2012

camp9

Took the army truck on a nice 4 day, 500 mile trip around the UP last week. We started at Whitefish Point and ended at Fayette using backroads and trails as much as possible. Slideshow here: UPO 2012
Our oldest son see you and your group, he works at the park in Fayette. He wanted to catch up with you and see your truck but couldn't break away. I had no idea you guys existed until he came home and one of your members on the trip stopped by our place. We live on the Peninsula and you went right past our place. Next time if you have time stop on in. I got on the FB page to keep posted on events, so maybe next time I can ride along.

cocco78

Cool, small world! We do a large trip across various parts of the UP every August. We try to show people there is much more to see right around you if you venture away from pavement a bit.

mdiver

Cool, small world! We do a large trip across various parts of the UP every August. We try to show people there is much more to see right around you if you venture away from pavement a bit.
If you guys don't mind, I would love to tag along. I should have 1008 ready by then.

cocco78

Yep, get on UPO's web page and face book page. The August trip is something you have to sign up for and there are limited spots available for legal reasons. They only do the one organized trip, but we all go out all summer long and post information about our own trips. Lots of good info. Or if you just want to get out and wheel, I run www.upjeeping.com , less camping and exploring and more wheeling.

twlinks

More filling, more sanding...my arms are falling off

Sometimes I think the filling and sanding will never end, but then I usually just get a couple of hours at a time in on her. I did also take time this morning to adjust my passenger side door so the front of the door doesn't catch on the back of the front fender when opening and closing.

Attachments

twlinks

Twlinks, do you run a soft top? Just curious as to why you have bows that look like they were repurposed from a trailer or 1008.
Sort of...lol. I just fabbed those on there a week or so ago to support a big piece of camo netting that attaches at the cab and pulls back over the bows. I haven't decided if I'm going to put the top on over the winter or not, but if I don't, I'm going to make a canvas drop with a "flap window" that will close the cab off right behind the front seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks