• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremiah_Johnson

Got around to checking & repacking the front bearing today had to replace inner bearing & race on passenger side due to rusty bearing ( bad seal also ) Found the tool at Auto-zone for $20.00 plus tax . Thought while I was in the mood I would replace the I P throttle shaft seals , I had bought a seal kit off easy bay awhile back so I took off the intake to make it easier, turns out I would have had to any way. But no big problem ,every thing came off easy enough. had watched on youtube ( how to turn up the fuel on a 6.2 )for visual aid . got the shaft out and new seals installed and IP Put back together . also got to install the new spin on base and Filter I had had for awhile . I am now waiting on a set of intake gaskets.. will try to change fluids in running gears soon too ..

two new rebuilt alts off ebay, lots of body work and welding in panels. Cut out lots of rust holes, trucks getting prepped for bed liner and new coat of CARC. Also changed out the horn button in my grant wheel and cut off a few welded in tabs that were never getting used.

MarcusOReallyus

This platform has been created for military people who want to have military vehicles. Here you would get desired information about anything related with military.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in china? Troll?

That's the second newbie I've seen posting the exact same thing.

Probably a spammer. Many forums don't allow new members to post links, in order to discourage drive-by spammers.

So, some spammers will join a forum and post a bunch of stuff - some of which almost makes sense - until they get their post count up, then they start with the real spam.

You can usually spot them by the poor English skills, and the not-quite-making-sense content of their posts.

Of course, it made more sense than what wayne posted, and he ain't exactly a newbie! :mrgreen:

howardc

I drove it home yesterday. Holy crap it's loud at 75mph! Tucked her away in the hangar to do a little work on her this weekend, in between bow hunting of course!

howardc

What else do you have in the hangar?
No planes unfortunately. I'm a flight coordinator/pilot for a charter company. My boss owns the hangars so I stuck it in there to work on it.

Edit: Just reread my post. Sounds kind of bad if I work for a charter co and there are no planes in the hangar. I meant none that I own, haha.

Last edited:

DXTAC

WOW!! It's been quite a while since I HAD to work on MONGO. A few weeks ago though he was giving me attitude and wasn't running on all cylinders, metaphorically speaking. He actually crapped out on me and I had to reach out to a buddy and get a tow. Long story short, the IP went belly up. While I was under the hood I decided to do the following:

New IP - $484.87 from MIDWEST Fuel Injection
New injectors - $371.92 from MIDWEST Fuel Injection
Electric fuel pump - $52.39 (AirTex as stated MANY times on this site)
Fuel filter between tank and pump
Valve cover gaskets
Lift pump block-off plate
Replaced EVERY fuel line under the hood
Replaced Thermostat (bottom bolt busted off even after heating so i used a helicoil)
And all the clamps, wire, switches, looms, grommets, fuses and crap to make it all work well and look decent.
Also replaced the steering shaft with a Borgeson. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Pricey but worth it.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I don't know what was wrong internally with the pump but the injectors looked like someone ground a piece of charcoal onto the tip. I always thought my truck ran really well, boy was I wrong! MONGO now runs like factory fresh. Smooth idle, much snappier off the line and better mileage too. I will track and post later but he was getting between 19 and 21 on the highway so we'll see where it's at now. It all cost me about $1300 or so but it was worth it. What is next?!?!?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks