• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
here are pictures of the brackets from seatbeltsplus.com out of oceanside ca that you need to mount the hmmwv 3 point seat belts from ebay. With the kit and the brackets which are about $1.50 each you can mount up this whole set up. I had to drill one hole on each side as the retracting mechanizing as the hmmwv ones are a bit shorter, but very simple. Very pleased with this whole set up.

Attachments

natemccabe

on the window crank front, replaced with an LMC part, came in chrome but nothing a little black paint cant fix. The clutch was busted as well, but instead of replacing I just put a little picture hanging nail in there and all is well. Didn't think to take any pictures.

@paraclete comes,

I need some seatbelts in a bad way.
I want to make sure I get the right ones, could you please provide the part number and/or NSN?

Thanks.
Gentlemen,

If you need a set of nice seat belts at a dirty price, which is how I like it. I will suggest you visit ebay or pm me for a link as I cannot post ebay links here. But if you search ebay type hmmwv military kit seat belts. seller is HDPS_CORP. The set I bought were buy it now at 17 dollars!!! Shipping was 25 bucks, which is not great but ok considering your only paying 17 bucks for the belts. The whole kit arrived still wrapped in the original packing paper and plastic bags. Fast shipping and great seller I think there from the eat coast. You will also need these brackets from seatbeltsplus.com two of them at 1.50 which is an easy day.

L Bracket : Replacement Seatbelts, Seat Belts, Retractable Seat Belts, and Seatbelt Extenders @ SeatBeltsPlus.co

MILITARY KIT HMMWV M998 HUMVEE M35 M35A2 M35A3- 3 POINT SEATBELT - LOWEST PRICE | eBay

All in all an easy day, If anyone needs I can post up a DIY just let me know

One other thing to consider is you will need a torx for your socket set. Its a big one like a 45 or 50 I cant remember but save the time and headache before and buy yourself a set. Dont use the junk from harbor freight I broke three of them trying to remove mine, buy a craftsman or better. Here's what im talking about:

7 Pc. Torx Bit Socket Set: Make Every Turn Count with Tools from Sears

BY the way this is also the same tool you will need to remove the rear seat belt thats mounted into the bed. I suggest replacing with standard hardware if you pull them to prevent the hassle the next time. But just a suggestion, also if you do not reuse the same front seatbelt mounting hardware make sure you put in some good graded touch bolts. Not just some junk, I went stainless. A few bucks in this department will pay big dividends if the time ever arises.

one more thought on this seat belt note while were at it. If you have a welder and some large fender washers or sheet metal lying around reinforce the floor. Im welding in squares of 18 gauge steel over the holes to make them a bit more robust before I rhino line. I have heard of several guys on the k5 forums having cracked floor pans with stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks