• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon1124

Recently changed out bad glow plugs.
Installed a 102" stainless steel whip antenna for my cb radio,
Ordered the interior junction box, which never came with the m1009 when I bought it.

When the junction box comes in, I am going to run it to the 12v battery so I can run my cb radio, 2m radio, and amplifier, as well as a dual lighter plug so I can at least charge my cell phone while driving.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recently changed out bad glow plugs.
Installed a 102" stainless steel whip antenna for my cb radio,
Ordered the interior junction box, which never came with the m1009 when I bought it.

When the junction box comes in, I am going to run it to the 12v battery so I can run my cb radio, 2m radio, and amplifier, as well as a dual lighter plug so I can at least charge my cell phone while driving.
Interior junction box? Sorry to show my ignorance on the subject, but what is that? Sounds like a good thing and one I'd like to have.

dragon1124

Interior junction box? Sorry to show my ignorance on the subject, but what is that? Sounds like a good thing and one I'd like to have.
I worded it wrong sorry,it's the junction block that is supposed to mount inside the vehicle under the radio bracket. It's a duplicate of the junction block in the engine compartment on the right vehicle side firewall where all the wires go into. I cant save the image to upload it.

Instead of an exact duplicate of the one in the engine compartment, this one has 5 posts for negative side instead of 3

Last edited:

M1009

JustAdded a roof rack to carry extra cans, get the big tire out of the cabin, and holds the pioneer rack that i picked up over the weekend perfectly, also made a shelf to hold the solar panel and i have room for what ever else i can think up. i used flat bar to keep it looking like the front brush guard. i think it looks pretty stock! i will be adding LED off-road lights later.

Attachments

DXTAC

Changed out DS alternator. Even though the idiot light was not on, the voltmeter (handheld not gauge) doesn't lie! The gauge has been reading on the line between yellow and green and tested at about 12v. I didn't want to pay the price for a new/rebuilt unit so I attempted to rebuild it myself.

I ordered the rebuild kit and received it in the mail yesterday. It was a great idea and I was almost finished replacing all the parts until it came to the end bearing. Note to all those attempting a rebuild an alternator, it is an easy job but BEAT THE BEARING OUT FIRST!! I did it last and shattered the brushes. Needless to say I was not going to wait any longer to drive MONGO again so I went to Napa and bought the Wilson PN/90014277. It lists on the site for something around $219 but they sold it to me for $20 over cost at $159.

Moral of the story, I don't know but it was expensive and beat the bearing out FIRST next time. Needle is in the green and screaming like a raped ape now!!

Next is the steering box!

Thanks,

1986Blazerk5

JustAdded a roof rack to carry extra cans, get the big tire out of the cabin, and holds the pioneer rack that i picked up over the weekend perfectly, also made a shelf to hold the solar panel and i have room for what ever else i can think up. i used flat bar to keep it looking like the front brush guard. i think it looks pretty stock! i will be adding LED off-road lights later.
I like that, What brand is it? How is it installed. And what are the solar panels for?

donalloy1

Finally got both port and starboard antenna's complete with brush guards. All I need is Bridge Plate. Then exterior will be complete. Can anyone help me with that? Really like M1009's roof rack! Sweet job. :driver:

bigflew

Here's a few from inside
Tilt steering, tacometer, in dash sat nav. comfortable wheel, white pointers in gauges backlit in red (very nice look at night) green bedliner flooring, camo on dash.

Attachments

1986Blazerk5

Here's a few from inside
Tilt steering, tacometer, in dash sat nav. comfortable wheel, white pointers in gauges backlit in red (very nice look at night) green bedliner flooring, camo on dash.
Cleaver spot the GPS, Can you open and close that with the GPS in there.
I like the camo around the gauges.

cfish

Put my new GP Relay card in today. Thanks to antennaclimber. Greased the steering fittings and the crank mechanism on the back tail gate glass.

Kantrol

Replaced the glowplugs and glow plug relay. It would run before but I had to jump it everytime.

Now the engine cranks but does not catch. I'm pretty sure the glow plug system is working because smoke comes out of the tail pipes when I'm cranking it. The engine wont catch even if I'm jumping it.

So...I'm guessing I have some sort of fuel issue. So, what's the next step in trouble shooting this?

OL AG '89

Did the same thing all over again, the correct way this TIME!!!
Replaced front hubs with WARN hubs
1st one took me hours to remove and then couldn't get it to go back together with new hubs.
The second one took me about 20 minutes......
Apparently I am a FAST learner
Almost attempted to replace the light in the transfer case lever housing..
Discovered the wires running through the cover ARE NOT FOR LIGHT??????
They go to the transfer case, apparently for the 4WD light in dash.
Now considering adding wires for light
Odd thing is the cover has a place for light, just nothing connected to it
guess I'll read the TM and see if there is a circuit listed for light

chevymike

Almost attempted to replace the light in the transfer case lever housing..
Discovered the wires running through the cover ARE NOT FOR LIGHT??????
They go to the transfer case, apparently for the 4WD light in dash.
Now considering adding wires for light
Odd thing is the cover has a place for light, just nothing connected to it
guess I'll read the TM and see if there is a circuit listed for light
Thanks!!! You just saved me a bunch of time and hassle. I was thinking the light was burnt out and the two wires were for the light, not the transfer case switch. Guess I'll add a light.

BTW, how did you get the bezal off? I can't seem to figure out how it's attached.

niferous

I added a factory tire carrier to the rear and I finished re-upholstering the passenger seat with the kit I got from New Life Canvas. I then put the seat covers from Smittybilt on top of that. Pictures to follow and I'm going to try and do the back seat tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks