• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patattack

taged it, reg it, mounted the licence plate bracket and tomorrow, getting ready to put new ball joints in it and tie rod ends so i can fix the freeplay and get them wheels strait!

K9Vic

Had a break in the weather and it has been over 60 the last few days, so I did some work on my trucks. I installed a injector pump in my M1009 from a 6.5L Turbo that was recently rebuilt before the crank snapped on that 6.5L. I had it all together and marks lined up and it smoked like crazy, I mean really bad gray smoke. I then looked at it again and I had lined up the mark that was added for the 6.5L Turbo and not the OEM scribe mark. After I lined up the correct mark it ran great and did not smoke. Runs much better and allot quieter as well.

I also did the Doghead starter mod on my M1028 and will likely do the same on my M1009.

Hoolio

This makes me wonder .... Why did GM use such thin crappy belts on a ton and a quarter pick-up truck {M1028A1}.. I've installed 3 sets of alternator belts in under 12,000 miles..I sanded the pulleys so there is no rust tearing up the belts..The drivers side alternator seems to stretch the belts so I run out of adjustment..I've tried NAPA premium belts , Dayco belts.. Has anyone made or found useable thicker belt pulleys ??...Thanks....Roy

dragon1124

Dragon,

Look before drilling, most if not all M1009's were wired to accept the radios for the military. There should already be a hole were the original wires came through or still might be there just cut off. Mine are still there, but the distribution block in the rear is gone.
I looked, I could not find any holes, grommets or anything else. I took up the vinyl padding, and even took off the dash, and nothing behind either. The only holes into the engine compartment from the interior is on the driver's side. I positioned the junction block on the driver's side and all the wiring would get in the way of driving. I am delayed now wiring this thing up now. In due time it will be done.

erniemigi

Replaced 4 swollen glow plugs (not fun) 3 that quit working and 1 that shorted out and melted the wire, installed fire extinguisher up by 4 x 4 shifter, tinted the back cap windows, next will be to install a stereo if i can find a install kit for it (no one seems to have one)

erniemigi

I looked, I could not find any holes, grommets or anything else. I took up the vinyl padding, and even took off the dash, and nothing behind either. The only holes into the engine compartment from the interior is on the driver's side. I positioned the junction block on the driver's side and all the wiring would get in the way of driving. I am delayed now wiring this thing up now. In due time it will be done.
on my M1009 the terminal block was located on the passenger side as that was were the radio would have been mounted, and the wire's were ran from the front block under the vehicle and up threw the floor in the back just in front of the rear seat by the wall, remember "the shortest path is a straight line"

True Knight

That's a good place for an extinguisher. Thats where I have mine.

Today I replaced the air filter with a nice washable K&N filter. And I turned up the injector pump an eighth turn. The truck feels much less sluggish now.

edpdx

I always wanted to add something here...

Just finished replacing the starter. A new Gear Reduction for a direct drive- the label and number stated that the DD was a 12volt.:twisted:

I also made the upgrade to a starter relay of the doghead variety. I am happy to get my Blazer back on the road.

chevymike

Well, I basically gutted the rear box on my M1010 to get ready for my camper conversion. I am sure I will get a lot of flack for doing so but I did buy this to build a camper out of, not keep as a stock MV. I guess it's becoming my own DMZ. rofl

Attachments

Brad M

Replaced bad (-) terminal on battery 2. cleaned and tightened all (+) & (-) rail connections on the firewall. Started late so ran out of daylight before cleaning starter connections and engine ground. Something for another day.

donalloy1

Had specialty shop wheel abrate, shot peen and shoot one of my oem wheels with industrial Black finish. Only have one extra wheel. So may take me a while to get all four done. not to mention I like to drive daily. When all four done. Will shoot some oics. :grd:

chevymike

Had specialty shop wheel abrate, shot peen and shoot one of my oem wheels with industrial Black finish. Only have one extra wheel. So may take me a while to get all four done. not to mention I like to drive daily. When all four done. Will shoot some oics. :grd:
Too bad you're not closer to me. I have the 4 I pulled off my 1010 I would let you have for a good deal. This way you could shoot yours or mine while you keep the rig on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.