• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt65

Removed and reinstalled the power steering pump pulley. This allowed me to reinstall a bracket bolt that had backed all the way out and was trapped behind the pulley.

No more rattle!

erniemigi

I never changed a fuel filter on a 6.2. Anything special I should know. My cummins all you do is fill it and go.
i just popped my old one off, put the new one on, opened the valve on top and had my son crank it over a few times till the fuel came out, closed the valve and started right up

erniemigi

Now if you don't want to get fuel all over the place just put a hose line on it, the kind you would use in a fish aquarium and put the other end into a old jar or something

Brad M

Today I picked my spare up out of the road from where the hangar let lose in my neighborhood. Thank god it didn't let loose at 55 on the highway. Now to figure out why it let lose because all the parts appear to be together and in good shape.

justinwregier

Replaced front brake pads for both sides... no more ringing.
Rotor looked and felt smooth for 25 years.
Dirty job though...

02/24/2011 update

I got new tires today for the M1009. Nothing special, average priced all terrain but they look good. The 31 10.5 15 is a limited size according to the tire guys I spoke with, but the price was right for me.

Also, its for the budget friendly MV owner, I got a roll of some aluminum siding sealer (looks like huge duct tape) and ran a few strips over the rockers under the doors. Mine were all rusted out but now they look like aluminum/reflective. I did it to the tail gate bottom also. Neat thing is it hides the rust and adds a little safety by being shiny. Silly for some but it was free for me and looks great on my well used 25 year old M1009

Last edited:

bigflew

here are a couple things I have done that I havent seen here.
1 is a simple way to keep m1009 seatbelts from falling to the floor Velcro is goood.
2 I had a small rust hole in one rocker so I cut the entire center out of both of them orderd som 1/16 aluminum dimond plate shaped it then used 3m 5200 to fasten it (great sealent adheasive but takes 7 days to cure) body pannel adhesive would work also. then primmer and paint also sprayed inside of rockers with lots of oil.
3 same as 2 but at tailgate
4 painted dash and door pannels with krylon camo paint then clear coated with flat flex clear
and last in dash sat nav (velcro again)

Attachments

Drabbed Out

Hey guys I didnt do much to a cucv other than buy my first one today!!! Frickin awesome always been a jeep guy wanted an old m38 but not practicle for a father of 4 young children but then again neither is a m1009 neverless a dad has to have fun!! here are some pics.... Soon to be drab again cant deside tan or green.

Attachments

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the ORD 2.5" shackle reversal brackets installed today. Definitely gave me the clearance for the 35" tires. Very happy with this setup and my H2 wheels and ProComp Xtreme A/T tires.
Are you going to keep the original paint scheme? Just curious, would definitely make it stand out!

Patattack

not a good day, yesterday could not get that thing to fire and it wasnt that cold out, took out the plugs everyone of them were swollen wet and cold, the plugs were wellmen and i put them in a mounth ago. put some ac60g and fired right up. ill never buy wellmen plugs again.

OL AG '89

Finally got around to changing rear diff fluid..... I "learned" that the front and rear diffs take different gaskets, also discovered the rear diff housing was "damaged" looks like it bottomed out and the cover took a good hit, bent but not leaking I decided to purchase "new" cover. O'reilly had one in Houston warehouse WOW!! Box looked like it had been sitting on shelf for 20 years....
Going to do the 12vlt resistor bypass tomorrow, depending on weather.

epitts

I put in a new vacuum pump will need to get a transmission valve now. Also installed new door locks and Ing tumbler. Took the dash apart and got all gauges working again. Took out the radio rack in the back.

K9Vic

M1028 - Doghead start relay mod and red top Optima batteries.

M1009 - 10ft antenna and CARR roof lightbar rack with Pro Comp 55w halogen lights.

gvaneck

Just replaced all the glow plugs with ac60g's without a problem, already had different spade connectors on it but had two different types of glow plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks