• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgar

Thanks for the kind words. Yes I made them, but it took most of a Saturday and with the small kids I don't have the extra time to get into a hobby business. I had been thinking about making a cup holder for a while. I used some 1/8" x 1-1/4" flat stock.

chevyCUCV

Towed it home 100 miles.

Had no problems at all with my truck. I discoverd what towig was like with the 6.2 though and found hills only come at 2 speeds 30 or 55. I hit a bunch of hills at 40 - 45 and couldnt maintain uphills, dropping to 30mph and downshifting to second. 50 and over and it could take most of them.

Hopefully i can work on it tomorrow before the rain/ supposed hurricane.

Attachments

donalloy1

Replaced Starter Solenoid. All good! On the road again thank the lord. Missed her so much. Ranger just does not cut it. Kids & I prefer the roar of 6.2 down CC County roads. Really makes a statement. Almost done with kitchen remodel. Then I will really post some goodies on this thread. DMLII sends...

DXTAC

Just enjoying MONGO as an almost everyday driver! Happy to be driving instead of busting knuckles all the time. I think some new 3.55 gears may be in order though?!?!?!

tbearatkin

Everytime I got in the beast as the wife calls it I have no place to put my drink. Knew what I wanted but Bass Pro was always out of them. Finally today they had one would have been nice to have two but the wife will just have to hold her drink until I get another one. $9.99

I wanted this style because it will keep you can level and cut down on the spills when you hit a bump and only plastic part is the clip that the metal slides into and it is easy to remove if needed and that part looks pretty rugged and my previous one on my lawnmower outlasted the mower.

I have the ammo can console and have seen the holders in those but seemed more time consuming than what I did.

Attachments

chief1983

Changed all the glow plugs, the truck starts up real nice now, and then changed the vacuum pump. Now vacuum's too high! Gotta see how much rotating the valve helps, but I think it might be shot. Anyone still selling good ones? Don't need a gauge probably but if someone's selling handmade ones for cheap I'd buy one too.

Jerchambers

Did some tightening of the belts and added some belt conditioner... replaced the trio-diode and voltage regulator in GEN 2, no more idiot light coming on... Still need to get a new GEN 1. Installed a touch dome light... Cost me $6 at Ace takes AA batteries. Great low budget lighting. Here are the pics!

Attachments

jdeoliveira74

today I did passenger side exhaust manifold gasket and motor mount...
turns out the mount that was in my truck is for a gas engine not the diesel
so three trips to the autoparts store and all done. Tomorrow the driver side gets done fun fun.. by the way it is a pita

DXTAC

Just when I thought I could just enjoy the ride!! Walked out of the local Pep Boys and noticed the PS exhaust was hanging and angled funny. Gave the tail pipe a kick and to the ground it went. After dropping a small fortune, the new exhaust ROCKS, literally!! Routed the pipes out the side in front of the rear tires and went 3" all the way. Had the VX something or other (Flowmaster subsidiary) mufflers installed and it sounds AWESOME! Finally has some tone and grumble to it. Will post pics soon!!

jdeoliveira74

Did some sound deading in rear truck put down some carpet pad and new to my truck carpet. Went to junk yard today pulled a rear tire carrier off of a s10blazer. Now I need to find a fab guy to make me some mounts so i can put it on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks