• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsosanestan

Just got new master cylinder from a p30 van for my disc conversion and a disc/disc proportioning valve. Also decided to put in some black window cranks from my old s10 to get rid of the chrome

jdeoliveira74

Replaced injectors today with 6.5 marine injectors. Took care of the clanking that was going on. The hard part is getting a socket to fit the injectors. Its a 30mm deep socket. Problem being they only make it for a impact which doesnt fit due to the head bolts being so close. After driving all over looking for the socket I just decided to grind down the one I have to fit. After that went pretty smooth!

chevyCUCV

Nice what company did you get the injectors from?
Do you know what they Pop tested at?
Why marine over standard?

Curious as my injectors are on the list.

Dock Rocker

Got a spare hour to do a little work today. I was able to shim the tailgate to get it so lock tight when you shut it so that it want break the glass out while driving. I was also able to mock up my new super high speed low drag center console Bought all the components to do a full service this weekend. also need to try to figure out whats wrong with the heater blower.

Attachments

cpf240

The SF-97 came in the mail today, so I went out and got it registered.

The poor vehicle inspection lady had to stand on her toes, while standing on the curb, to even see the VIN tag on the dash, and then got a bit confused when she couldn't find any emission control parts or stickers under the hood.

Then they tried to tell me it had to be smogged... um, no... it was built before 1998, so it is exempt.

Then they wanted me to pay fines for not registering it as soon as I bought it... had to fill out a 'statement of facts' saying that the reason I hadn't registered it yet was because the SF-97 and Bill of Sale hadn't arrived yet, unless the DMV now accepts Paid in Full auction site paperwork?

Can't wait to get out of CA!

Now to fab up a mount for the license plate. Where did that thread about license plate mounts go......

cpf240

by rule in CA, you have 30 days to register your vehicle since purchase or else you get fined.

You need to stop using the DMV and get with AAA. They are too great!
Actually, I tried my local AAA office, and they would not touch it. Another local SS member had the same experience. I've read here that there are AAA offices that will do them, but mine will not.

As for the 30 day rule, there is some question about that. This quote comes from the CA DMV page on registering vehicles new to CA:

Fees must be paid within 20 days of entry or residency to avoid penalties.

Link: How To Register A Vehicle from Out-of-State (Nonresident Vehicle)

Your Mileage May Vary aua

tankie88

Had my radiator re-cored............cost! £444.00.That's $692 for you people that side of the pond.A brand new one from Germany would have cost me £445 + shipping.From the states i dread to think what it would have cost me.

Dock Rocker

I pulled the batteries and trays today and cleaned the inner fender and painted everything. Trying to kill the rust as best I can. I also pulled the dash apart and cleaned everything. While I was there I checked all of the electrical going to the heater blower. It was good so while I had the batteries and tray out I swapped in a new blower motor. I also replaced all of the burned bulbs in the dash. Tomorrow I am going to service the motor and trans, as well as the rear diff and the transfer case.

CycleJay

re; What have you done to your CUCV today/lately?

Hi guys,

My answer to that is:

Today 12/03/2011, thanks to the help of someone here.
I got to the alternator rebuild shop Zout recommended.
Got a freshly rebuilt alternator, installed it when I got back home,
Now my M1009 starts and runs just fine..

So now God willing I will be taking that to work from now on,
and NOT the busses and trains!!

YeeHaw!!

Good night,

CJ

P.s. And I installed it by myself, with the help of a neighbor girl,
but she just handed me tools, as I was sitting in the engine compartment.

100acre

anchor

Today my buddy and I removed my fuel tank and replaced the sender. My diesel gage wasnt functioning properly, and it turned out to be a bad ground. Since I had already bought a new sender why not practice a little preventive maintenance and the screen was a bit buggered anyway.
In the process I realized that my transmission is also leaking which has a new seal . humph! It just never ends but I love it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks