• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

LT67

Damaged it.

Never put a chair in front of a vehicle and walk away while on the phone, only to come back a few hours later and forget about it.

Chair faired pretty well.
CUCV now has a small outward dent under side turn light.

Talk about feeling really stupid.
I had my pull strap attached to a front shackle and wrapped around the winch mount. Driving through the woods and the truck stopped.. it acted like something underneath got snagged on a large vine. I got out to look and noticed the pull strap fell off and was underneath a tire🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂😂

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used a jackstand laid on its side as an expedient wheel chock while working on my Grand Cherokee; hey the shape was right so why not. :unsure:

Forgot about it and backed the jeep right over it. I didn't notice it other than a mild bump- the weight of the jeep pancaked it flat. I discovered my error after I got back from my post-maintenance test drive! The bump I felt was so minor it never registered in my head when it happened. :cry:

Those jackstands are strong in one direction, but not sideways. :oops:

OP- you got a wake-up call. People have lost pets, neighbors, spouses, children, etc due to poor visibility below the hood-line or out the back. Thankful it was only a chair, antiquity notwithstanding.

cucvrus

Always dis connect the ground on the welder when welding on the back end of a vehicle. I work at a truck assembly plant and seen a welder trailing a large truck several times on the lot. One time the welder was on it's side and the Argon tank was rolling behind the truck and the hose had broken and the high pressure gas was leaking out. I didn't know if I should approach it or not. After I seen the head was still attached I went and closed the valve.

After thought was it could have cracked the valve and I could have broken it off. Next time I will observe from far and let it drain itself before approaching. The .045 mig wire spool had also become uncoiled and was dragging and unspooling several hundred yards. What a mess and safety hazard. Have a Great Day and Be Safe. No one was hurt and the welding machine survived to weld again. It was retired and recycled a few years back and still had the road rash on the side.

kylethompson

I replaced the position sensor in the transfer case that controls the indicator light in the dash. Holy crap was that switch expensive. I think I paid 150 bucks after tax and shipping. I would have left it in there broken but I installed a gear vendor unit and it needs this to lock out OD while in 4wd.

Has anyone repaired one of these sensors before? For that kind of money I feel like spending some time on fixing it to have a backup would be time well spent. There’s no continuity between terminals in either open or closed position on my broken one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks