• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

the skull

They definitely don’t make chairs like they used to.

Chair is from the 1950’s and it did bend a bit,
Really strong chair.
Made a heck of a racket.
Had to Jack truck up to get it out.

I parked in the shade in a spot I normally don’t park.
Went to move truck later and wham!

I’m still shaking my head…………
hahahahaha "had to jack truck up to get the chair out"
I've wedged a tire under a car and had to jack it up....
the whole shop was laughing

LT67

M1009 Replaced all the belts and upper rad hose. The driver Alt belt had gotten so much play in it it was rubbing a hole in my upper rad hose. Also changed the old black stuff that was supposed to be power steering fluid.
I see you're in Carrollton lol.... I remember seeing an M1009 out on the road recently. Wonder if that was you.

GunnyM1009

I see you're in Carrollton lol.... I remember seeing an M1009 out on the road recently. Wonder if that was you.
Wouldn't have been me. Unfortunately I'm just starting to work on mine again. Trans went out in 2017 when I was trying to save money to buy a house. Fast forward to 2021 I'm now in said new house and finally able to start working on him again. The plan is to have him ready to drive to Moab by fall next year.

LT67

I
Wouldn't have been me. Unfortunately I'm just starting to work on mine again. Trans went out in 2017 when I was trying to save money to buy a house. Fast forward to 2021 I'm now in said new house and finally able to start working on him again. The plan is to have him ready to drive to Moab by fall next year.
I've seen a handful of 09's around the Carrollton area, but I rarely ever see any of the cucv variant trucks. Of course I'm not in Carrollton that much anymore unless it's for work. I usually keep it around the Bowdon/Bremen area where it's less hectic..

GunnyM1009

I
I've seen a handful of 09's around the Carrollton area, but I rarely ever see any of the cucv variant trucks. Of course I'm not in Carrollton that much anymore unless it's for work. I usually keep it around the Bowdon/Bremen area where it's less hectic..
I rarely get up to Carroll county any more. I just changed my profile since you reminded me it still said that. I'm actually in Roanoke Al now.

GunnyM1009

Put in Raptor Liner. Removed seats and seatbelts, pressure washed, degreased, scuff pad, etching primer and rust converter primer where needed, and two coats of raptor liner and 8 hours later.. One of my top favorite things about this truck. Looks much nicer than I anticipated.View attachment 839838

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Nice which kit did you go with. I've had the 6 quart kit on my wish list for a while now with plans to do exactly the same thing.

Maxtwms

Installed new fuel tank and skid plate. Swapped out the busted up blazer tailgate for a c/k talgate and hit it with some rapco after obnoxious sanding and priming of course. Then I immediately covered all my handy work with good ole freedom flag.

Had to include his (Bruce) older brother ('85 k10 vs 86 k5) Donald Truck in the pic

Spacing all these upgrade posts out a bit. I'm sure I'll make a post with all of them soon.

LT67

Jealous of your pump but I've found just cranking with the ignition wire disconnected has worked just as well. How much was your base? Those sh!ts are expensive!

The shop had one laying around from a parted out Duramax truck

Maxtwms

Installed the smittybilt seat covers and added the 30mm can for console I saw on this here site. I'll do a writeup when I get it bolted down. Looking to add some cupholders on the top and then a hing to rotate back to make a table for the backseat. Also strapped that Anker boom boom on the radio plate there.

cucvrus

GunnyM1009

Pulled the leaky heater core out. Looks to be the original so I'm going to have it rebuilt. I hear horror stories about the aluminum ones all the time. Also discovered an entire wife beater/under shirt and a pack of instant coffee in my heater box.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks