• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

cucvrus

DSCF7415.jpgDSCF7414.jpgDSCF7413.jpgWashed them all up real good and then. DSCF7419.jpgDSCF7418.jpgDSCF7417.jpgPosed them all nice on the North side of the Barn. My the grass looks green again after a couple days of rain and this sweltering heat wave. In Order.
The GOOD The BAD The UGLY. All running just fine. Each with its own personality and usefulness. Mr Crusty is in the back ground all cleaned up also. I painted the barn about 10 years ago. Spent an entire summer redoing all the wood and the stone work. Good for another 100 years I hope.

howardc

Nice collection! I let the rain wash mine.

The only thing I have done in that last couple of months is drive mine as a DD. I finally understand how fun they are when you're not cursing them!! (knocks on wood)

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The radiator of my 08 started to be incontinent.......
It was a 3 row radiator, copper/brass.
I have read here the good old one's has 4 rows and theres no chance to get one......
so here we go.
I found a shop who overhauled my old radiator and has made it a 4 row.......

While im at it.....changed also the heater core, all hoses, thermostat.....
Then i think....... changing the drivebelts was a good idea.
Then i saw this

Long speech short, new bracket and why not, power steering pump also, is on the way....
So it will not be boring in the meantime, i changed transmission oil and filter.

Last edited:

cucvrus

Do as you want with the power steering bracket. I would weld that bracket and then just put an M10 flat washer on the adjustment studs and it will slide right over the bad spot in the adjustment slots. You could also weld the slot surface and grind it smooth again. But not a bad idea to have a few spare brackets. I remember when they were like $15. from GM. Good Luck. I wish I had all the brackets I threw away because of simple damage like you are showing.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I picked up another m1028 today. This one is a real complete truck but it looks like the frame may be close to shot. I didn't have much time to look at it since I had to drop it at the yard and get back on the road.
IMG_2772.jpgIMG_2773.jpg

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like the CUCV's are multiplying in your yard, Evil Dr. Porkchop! I have a feeling that happens when you park two of them near each other and give them some 'alone time'..... :mrgreen: CUCVRUS might have a similar problem. Them CUCV's are frisky little buggers!!! ;-) :naner::naner:

Ilikemtb999

Took it for emissions and passed again, was even cleaner than last year. A belt let go and both alternator belts broke. Need to find out which belts I need for it still.

rustystud

Took it for emissions and passed again, was even cleaner than last year. A belt let go and both alternator belts broke. Need to find out which belts I need for it still.
Your still required to take emission tests on that old of a vehicle ? WOW ! I'll never live in Colorado ! Here in Washington it's only for the first 15 years of a vehicles life. Now the newer vehicles are no longer required to take the tests as the emissions systems are integrally built into the engines software.

Ilikemtb999

Your still required to take emission tests on that old of a vehicle ? WOW ! I'll never live in Colorado ! Here in Washington it's only for the first 15 years of a vehicles life. Now the newer vehicles are no longer required to take the tests as the emissions systems are integrally built into the engines software.

Yep, anything post 1976 with the exception of 6 year old or newer vehicles being exempt. It's not all of Colorado, just certain counties. The benefits of living here far outweigh the negatives of going to get emissions tested once a year.

It passes every time. I think the non passing amount is over 33% opacity. I had 12% at 40mph

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drove my bolts truck another 750 miles back to N GA. Everything is home now and I'm happy to finally be all moved.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
image.jpg
Hauled 3200+ pounds of railroad ties and oak beam dunnage
M1008 did great getting it going and also stopping.
Handled better than expected.
Springs did sage a bit of course but not too much.
Was really impressed since I was a bit overloaded.

Hauled it 30 miles up and down small hills in 98 degree heat. Engine and trans temps were normal.
Nice to know it can handle it.

MarcusOReallyus

It's not all of Colorado, just certain counties.

Let me guess:

1. The counties around Denver; Adams, Arapahoe, Jefferson, possibly Douglas (Denver sits in a bowl, snd has occasional temperature inversion problems)
  2. Almost certainly Boulder County (next door to Denver, and is run with an iron fist by the tree huggers)
  3. At least parts of El Paso County (right around Colorado Springs, which sits in a bowl, and has frequent temperature inversion problems).

Am I close?

machinist75

The barn door straps on my cucv clone were starting fray and Lmc wants $100 for a strap. I'm not paying that so I did some more paracord Magic and made some. I made them a tad too long and will have to remake this one but you get the picture.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks