• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

kkcshipp

Had a Gen 2 light on, had to jump Nebulous and went to Autozone to have the 2 x 6-month old batteries checked out before I went further. Opened the hood and low/behold the front fan belt had broken and was wrapped around the fan. Got a new belt while I was there, tested the batteries anyway. When taking the cables off front battery the cable broke. Great timing! Went in and bought new cables for the whole truck (of course had to make 1 of them). Got home, fixed the belt, changed out all battery cables and Nebulous runs like a top again. My son is planning on taking it to University of Kentucky after the winter break (1 hour away) and I think he'll be fine.

pigpen60

Changed the belts and replace the tires. Needed the tires, truck wasnt fun to drive due to the "death wobble". Drivers front had a broken belt in it.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drove the 09 out to Quilcene to the Ranger Station to give them $5 for a tree cutting permit, then up into the mountains for our tree. The studded snow/mud tires were great. Wife got some video and I'll try to get it off her phone and post it up.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Drove the 09 out to Quilcene to the Ranger Station to give them $5 for a tree cutting permit, then up into the mountains for our tree. The studded snow/mud tires were great. Wife got some video and I'll try to get it off her phone and post it up.
It's a winter wonderland; looks great!

Assel

Its a few of the german CUCV owners "whatsapp" group I guess :p I really look forward to the summer meeting next year, hopefully I will make it up to there. I think we have around 40 people in there, growing slowly^^

Another Ahab

Its a few of the german CUCV owners "whatsapp" group I guess :p I really look forward to the summer meeting next year, hopefully I will make it up to there. I think we have around 40 people in there, growing slowly^^
That's a big group. It sounds great!

You all should consider starting your own stand-alone regional thread of your get-togethers and general hob-knobbing.
I'll bet I'm not the only one on the Stateside here who would follow it. :beer:

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a big group. It sounds great!

You all should consider starting your own stand-alone regional thread of your get-togethers and general hob-knobbing.
I'll bet I'm not the only one on the Stateside here who would follow it. :beer:
Like Assel wrote.....a local get together of a few guys from the whatsapp group, first one, hopefully not the last.....
Your idea of a own thread here on the site is basically great......but the most are no members here, okay that problem could be solved......I think the bigger problem is that the most couldn't speak english good enough or couldn't speak it at all.
My english is also terrible, without my dictionary I'm lost, my spelling and grammar......but I trying my best......
If you all write slowly, I can understand the most......LOL

dougco1

I'm lost, my spelling and grammar......but I trying my best......
If you all write slowly, I can understand the most......LOL

Speaking for myself and probably a lot of others on this site, your spelling and grammar is better than mine. Lets try the reversal; exprexesedortch ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks