• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

MrMikey4026

The work is in progress. The fuel system on the 3116 is a mess. Like 28 steps to running the overhead with about 9,000 dollars in special tools.
I will fill in the dollars when they are known.
Mike

MrMikey4026

Wow, that’s amazing. I can’t even find anyone to work on mine around here. I tell them I have a 3116 and they go ghost on me.
I probably would have had the same problem, but I manage a large truck fleet. I send them lots of other work to do.
They have an old guy (like me), that enjoys working on them. The LMTV has really good access compared to many other applications. They did not have to change the injector, just readjust the injector timing and tweak the rack settings. So, I really lucked out.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those seats are fine, where did you find those?
[/QUOTE]

The seats carry the designation GS-1, available on some 2011-up MOPAR performance vehicles or through JEGS P/N 70245.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good, real good!

The harness bar is just roughed in for now. For those not following the build: The tubing shown connects to factory seat belt locations to provide attachment point for the 4 pt harnesses. It is not rollover protection, that is to be fabbed on the exterior.

Third From Texas

In the shop for "stuff"...
View attachment 793781
I don't think I have my old SCORE rule book on shoulder harness mount angles, but that certainly looks within the proper range.

From an engineering standpoint, a front impact is going to do it's best to pull the bar forward. I would add one additional brace on the side that runs perfectly horizontal forward to the "B" pillar (or ideally add one that angles down 90° from the upper forming a "V"). That would provide your front impact hold against the encountered forces. It looks like you may have put bends in the sides behind the seats where I'm talking about tapping into the main span, though.

Just tossing it out there. I know that you don't really plan to race it, but brakes, steering, and harnesses are the three things I always over-engineered on a car.

btw, your notching looks good. You doing that by hand or with a notcher or by hand?

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think I have my old SCORE rule book on shoulder harness mount angles, but that certainly looks within the proper range.

From an engineering standpoint, a front impact is going to do it's best to pull the bar forward. I would add one additional brace on the side that runs perfectly horizontal forward to the "B" pillar (or ideally add one that angles down 90° from the upper forming a "V"). That would provide your front impact hold against the encountered forces. It looks like you may have put bends in the sides behind the seats where I'm talking about tapping into the main span, though.

Just tossing it out there. I know that you don't really plan to race it, but brakes, steering, and harnesses are the three things I always over-engineered on a car.

btw, your notching looks good. You doing that by hand or with a notcher or by hand?
The TruckTrial rulebook is silent on harness attachment, but yes, the angles are set according to harness manufacturer recommendations. We certainly were not going to attach to the floor like we see some do to get thru tech. There is some more gusseting going on, will update you when its complete.

A commercial notcher was used.

I agree with you: margin is my most favorite thing.

The most likely "event" scenario would be a flop over at less than 5 MPH, worst might be an endo while descending. I'm not convinced I have the cojones to put myself in those situations though.

Thank you for taking the time to author a thoughful reply, I appreciate it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks