• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

ramdough

Right. That is what I typed.

BUT the LMTV and MTV trucks are 24v.
I don't think the LMTV and FMTV trucks are in the same family. Right?
The F in FMTV is for Family. That is the entire series of trucks.

An LMTV is part of the FMTV “family”.

A 6x6 is really just an MTV where as a 4x4 is an LMTV.

This gets confused a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
replacing View attachment 842216View attachment 842217the rusted out gas pedal mount..
Yeah, the crummy part is that the aluminum pedal on the steel hinge. There is a fancy multi-syllable word called Galvanic Corrosion at work here. The two pieces of metal are incompatible. They die a slow death.

Looks like you found the solution. Cut out the old and replace it with something new. Bummer!

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, the crummy part is that the aluminum pedal on the steel hinge. There is a fancy multi-syllable word called Galvanic Corrosion at work here. The two pieces of metal are incompatible. They die a slow death.

Looks like you found the solution. Cut out the old and replace it with something new. Bummer!
much cheaper than the"new" retran arriving from MTP next week...lolallison2.JPG

Last edited:

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perfect. That was what I thought I was saying several posts ago - but all is well.
We have it aired out as it should be now!
I think the USMC 7-tons are Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacements (MTVR). Similar name, but not related in almost any componentry.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
much cheaper than the"new" retran arriving from MTP next week...lolView attachment 842240
Well, most car parts by anybody other than us wouldn't call that transmission "Cute" but is sure does look sharp!
Theory is with a brand new rebuild from the factory, at least it only has to be installed one time...
(or at least we sure hope so!)

coachgeo

Perfect. That was what I thought I was saying several posts ago - but all is well.
We have it aired out as it should be now!
sorry for the confusion.... didnt expect someone to be asking a question about a totally different vehicle from an FMTV .... in an FMTV forum ... thus didn't recognize that this was a very off topic twist of a question

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
sorry for the confusion.... didnt expect someone to be asking a question about a totally different vehicle from an FMTV .... in an FMTV forum ... thus didn't recognize that this was a very off topic twist of a question
Yep, me too. It was a bit of a calamity for sure and I sure didn't help that situation. Somehow, I was under the impression that the LMTV and the MTV's were the 2.5 and 5 tone Stewart & Stevenson trucks. Thought the FMTV was the US Marine special version 7-Ton truck. Ah well, it is solved now. :cool:

Phoenix77

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
As a matter of fact; yes. Solid engine & drivetrain
Phoenix77 ,I am thinking we slipped off into the deep end of the pool.
Believe that 19Detail was referring to a Star Wars (Han Solo) bit.

Still, if it fits and you are happy it can't get much better than that.

Oh, and my son and daughter in law would be proud that I actually knew that.
Both are Star Wars fanatics

:cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks