• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So close and yet so far!
Very close to fitting camping chairs in there! Now the mission is to find a slightly thinner camping chair that's between 18 and a half and 19 and a half inches wide or design my own damn chair made out of square tube!View attachment 913834

I carry 4 of these in my Jeep in the carry case. They fold pretty thin. I will try and get a measurement for you if that helps. I have had these for over 8 years and used the heck out of them and they have held up well.

Amazon.com : Front Runner Expander Camping Chair, Lightweight, Polyester, Steel : Sports & Outdoors

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
as someone might had jokingly said "if it doesn't fit take a sledgehammer to it to make it FIT!", of course the permanent damage to both objects afterward might be a possible issue!
And the chair would become one with the truck! Kind of like how a viper fish male mates with the female. He bites into the side of her because he's like on 20th of her size, then he becomes absorbed and just becomes a little gonad lump on her side!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure would be nice if Decked or other truck bed storage company had a drawer that would fit. They look like this but you could easily make them out of 3 or 4 in light guage angle ! 2 20 ft sticks
[/QUOTE

I would say that the weatherguard brand pick up bed long bed pull out drawers might fit https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...wjriPb2-L-DAxUXj4kEHX17AUQQuxd6BQgBELYC&nis=8
Your just making a steel drawer you manually pull out and it rest on the existing frame work already there !

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't do much but I did receive my used axles from Memphis. The used 3.90s diffs go into the A1 to augment the Eco hubs. The 3.07s come out and go back into the used axles. Then those go into my '76 GMC dump truck which desperately needs 4wd and some gearing for dirt jobs coming up. It's a fun day when truck parts are delivered..

Attachments

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lo
I converted CARA (1998 M1079) from four to two batteries. Installed replacement MWM air dryer. New tires arrived today. I’m awaiting O-rings to service CTIS when I mount them.
Look like brand new ones? Those don't come cheap from what I can find but will probably be doing it eventually.

Bryteayes

Lo
Look like brand new ones? Those don't come cheap from what I can find but will probably be doing it eventually.
They are brand new. CARA has four 2008 and one 2005 tires that appear brand new with whiskers and no evidence of dry rot; however, I do not feel safe riding on them. The price of the new tires is less than my funeral would cost.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are brand new. CARA has four 2008 and one 2005 tires that appear brand new with whiskers and no evidence of dry rot; however, I do not feel safe riding on them. The price of the new tires is less than my funeral would cost.
You are absolutely correct. Appearance means nothing. The military will not mount anything over 7 years old and will not run anything over 10 years old except as a spare and even then it will be slated for replacement as soon as is practicable.

Bryteayes

Apparently CARA has a zombie CTIS controller. The CTIS controller on CARA (1998 M1079) has always flashed all five lights as soon as the engine was started. Since I installed the MWM air dryer replacement the CTIS has come back to life and is working perfectly. I'm sure glad I didn't buy the new one I was looking at.

How are people mounting solar panels on M1079 boxes? Do you revnut them to the outer skins?

coachgeo

Apparently CARA has a zombie CTIS controller. The CTIS controller on CARA (1998 M1079) has always flashed all five lights as soon as the engine was started. Since I installed the MWM air dryer replacement the CTIS has come back to life and is working perfectly. I'm sure glad I didn't buy the new one I was looking at.

How are people mounting solar panels on M1079 boxes? Do you revnut them to the outer skins?
the solar question is better fitting to the RV camper conversion forum in here

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks